• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is Overclocking dead in 7000 series?

Soldato
I have just replaced my 5950x with a 7900x and it seems there is nothing to do as in overclocking as it boosted to 5.2ghz all core(88c) and 5.7ghz single core automatically, I was having a look in the bios and even though everything is on auto it seems everything is boosting as it should and there is nothing to play with

You can play with PBO and thermal limits :)

Overclocking days are pretty much a waste not worth it for everyday use they are pushed high out of the box with not much headroom

You can look at undervolting

Personally would tweak to reduce power / temps while matching or slightly beating stock performance

Last edited:
You can play with PBO and thermal limits :)

Overclocking days are pretty much a waste not worth it for everyday use they are pushed high out of the box with not much headroom

You can look at undervolting

Personally would tweak to reduce power / temps while matching or slightly beating stock performance
Got any hints for settings to use

Back
Top Bottom