• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

is something wrong with my card? 2070

Soldato
Just looked at the recommended specs are an i7 with 12gb of RAM so you really can't expect a steady frame rate without hitting those

Soldato
Associate
OP
just installed update, im not expecting steady frame rate but I was expecting higher highs lol was expecting some drops but not to this extent and average frame rate should be much better, others playing on i5 cpus are getting much better average :)

Soldato
Might not be the reason but I would update a few things in your rig which will help.

CPU clocks, more RAM and PSU is a little under powered.

Could do with knowing the layout of your case and temps as mentioned before. It all could be throttling

Associate
OP
cant try in my bros rig, he lives on mainland and im on the island, temps seem ok, at idle using hw monitor cpu is around 27 degrees, does msi afterburner have temps etc, I will do a quick vid in mo

Soldato
cant try in my bros rig, he lives on mainland and im on the island, temps seem ok, at idle using hw monitor cpu is around 27 degrees, does msi afterburner have temps etc, I will do a quick vid in mo

Yeah it has temps. Are you sure your running at 1440? You rig should be running better regardless. Maybe try a few benchmarks. Post your scores

Associate
A 4 core/4 thread CPU will definitely be the limiting factor. BF1 ran with 100% CPU utilisation on my 4690K at 4.7GHz and I achieved about 44-80 FPS at 1440p on a 980 Ti. The situation improved drastically when I bought an 8700K, the minimums went up to 70 odd.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
my cpu dosnt hit 100% on any core according to afterburner, also, if I change res to 4k it seems to never drop below 60fps, but in 1440p it drops to 40s? only tried it once though in 4k so far.

it seems to start playing great at 1440p with frames above 100fps but then goes down to 50s, its weird, like the graphics card is slowing down or something

Associate
OP
going to try some other games, might be just battlefield and haven't tried anything else yet lol might be battlefield just don't like my cpu etc

Associate
its the cpu, 4 threads bottleneck in battlefield. especially in 64 player multiplayer its going to drop frames.

problem with a lot of bench sites is they do the singleplayer which is not cpu demanding at all.

going to have to drop in a 6700/7700, I bet your brother has an 8 threaded cpu?

Associate
OP
Not sure tbh, I know he has a i7 skylake chip, tried quake champions and was hitting constantly over 70fps in 4k everything maxed (although textures on medium as it wouldn't let me adjust that for some reason) and also tried insurgency sandstorm on very high settings,1440p and was constantly above 60fps so think its just battlefield :)

Associate
This game maxes out 100% of my i7-7700k oced to 4.5ghz at 1440p paired with a rtx 2080. There is no way around it. Your i5 6600k isn’t enough to power your card in this game.

Associate
OP
This game maxes out 100% of my i7-7700k oced to 4.5ghz at 1440p paired with a rtx 2080. There is no way around it. Your i5 6600k isn’t enough to power your card in this game.
Yeah im starting to realise it is more than likely my cpu, ahh well, there is plenty of other games to play at higher frames and battlefield is playable, im just glad my graphics card is ok :)

Soldato
Yeah im starting to realise it is more than likely my cpu, ahh well, there is plenty of other games to play at higher frames and battlefield is playable, im just glad my graphics card is ok :)

At 4k the game will use more GPU than CPU power so play at 4k and see if it runs fine.

Have you overclocked your CPU

Soldato
It's your cpu and 8gb won't help either. 4/4 isn't enough for battlefield even if it's fast. Upgrading to the 6700k with 16gb with a matching stick of ram selling your i5 is the cheapest option. You could hit low frames on battlefield 3 with an i5 at times on 64 conquest.

Soldato
The problems you have are 8gb ram means frequent use of swap file in game dropping fps and having a 4 core cpu means while playing battlefield if anything starts even briefly in the background it takes away a cpu core leaving you with only three cores causing fps to drop.

Your Gpu is most likely fine, cpu and ram are the issue. I had the same a while back and upgraded to the cpu I have now which handles bf 1 and bf v with no problems having 8 cores / 16 threads.

Back
Top Bottom