• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

is something wrong with my card? 2070

Associate
OP
At 4k the game will use more GPU than CPU power so play at 4k and see if it runs fine.

Have you overclocked your CPU
No, my cpu is at stock, at 4k maxed the fps is around the same as 1440p, if im hitting over 70fps constantly on quake champions maxed out at 4k then surely my card is fine?

Thanks for all the replies people

Soldato
If only the latest BF was as good as BFBC2 we could all happily upgrade to 6 core+

As it is, with RTX being a scam, I’m glad we can all look elsewhere.

Associate
If only the latest BF was as good as BFBC2 we could all happily upgrade to 6 core+

As it is, with RTX being a scam, I’m glad we can all look elsehere.
How is it a scam? I am playing at 1440P with RTX Medium and everything ultra and it looks just fantiastic. I can even run it on high with the min being 50fps. RTX medium gets me min 60 and average 80.

Soldato
How is it a scam? I am playing at 1440P with RTX Medium and everything ultra and it looks just fantiastic. I can even run it on high with the min being 50fps. RTX medium gets me min 60 and average 80.
Agree. People IMO seem to be stuck back when the initial demo's were produced. Some should maybe try it for themselves.
1440P, 2080 FE, BFV most things on ultra and RT on medium, it looks great and plays well.
Latest Final Fantasy has lower FPS when I tried the demo than my BFV setup with RT set to medium. People can pick and choose reviews etc to match what they want to believe but I find this quite impressive for Version 1/first implementation of RT, tacked into a game that wasn't designed from the ground up to have it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It’s a scam because it’s Tech that Nvidia wanted to break through with md decided anyone who wanted a 20 series card had to pay the tax.

It’s also a scam because it’s hardly in anything other than a game that seems to want people to force to upgrade.

I just don’t like it

Soldato
Wonder how many threads in this forum end up going down the path of rtx owners vs non rtx owners - probably most
Yep with most biased on what they own without looking at this objectively :).

Disagree about being a scam. It's an introduction of new tech - something that usually takes a while to take off. Who knows, maybe NV will offer an 11 series to run alongside if they feel many won't upgrade to RT based cards. I'll be surprised if they do tho as RT has been a big investment and the take up is linked to more switching to hardware that implements it.

Associate
The 6600K is a major bottleneck. Especially at stock speeds which you've said it is, it's hamstringing your card terribly. Even up at the 4.5-4.8Ghz range they hiccup something awful in games like BF online.

Upgrade to a cheap i7-6700K 2nd hand and the problem will vanish. You will find the same problem in a lot of other modern games and it'll only get worse with AAA titles going forward.

There's no point talking about Quake Champions as that's not CPU intensive at all.

Associate
Nvidia is charging more for 20 series as AMD is still stagnating with 1080 performance. Navi is still 1080 performance 3 years after release. If this is the best AMD can come up with, no wonder nvidia is laughing all the way to the bank. Even with Arcturus, at best it will compete with 2080ti 2 years after release imo. Nvidia can afford to wait out till 2021 with their current performance comfortably, if they want to.

Associate
no wonder nvidia is laughing all the way to the bank.

I wouldn't say they're laughing to the bank, given their sales have slowed down, people are (mostly) ****** off at their RTX prices and titles that support it for their £1000+ outlay, their share price has plummeted and their investors are suing them......

I'm glad this is all happening personally, they needed a reality check.

Back on topic - OP, have you overclocked your processor yet and has it helped? Having an unlocked multiplier and not overclocking it is your first problem....

Associate
OP
Nope not overclocked it yet, im not too bothered really as after testing with quite a few games it seems to be only battlefield 5 that I struggle a bit with in conquest mode, in tdm I get great frames with just the occasional drop (probably due to my ram).

Battlefield isn't the only game I play thankfully so its no big deal, I was just worried my card was broken lol and knowing its not and performs well with other games has made me happy :)

Thanks for all the replies people

Back
Top Bottom