Is the EU migrant quota system about to fall apart?

Permabanned
OP
That is pretty damning evidence.... But even at a local level we know what's happening if we are honest. From local papers to international news outlets, there's never a day without some avoidable issue with immigrants.

Soldato
So is your signature, but eh...

You cannot educate the ignorant so I'd rather keep them away from me.

So you decide to be ignorant yourself? :rolleyes:

No matter what your view is its very educational to here all views, as ignorance will give you a biased stance towards the topic in question. ;)

On topic.......

The migrant quota was doomed from the very start, imagine you live in a council house and all of a sudden you get a call saying.

You have a spear bedroom I see, so we have decided to allocate that room to a migrant. If you don't comply you will be fined. :eek:

Same thing just on a much smaller scale.

Associate

No matter what your view is its very educational to here all views, as ignorance will give you a biased stance towards the topic in question. ;)

Personally I don't count "continuously repeating the same thing to someone who isn't listening" as ignorance :p

He just makes the same thread over and over again and I think even he would be clever enough to comprehend that it's just going to lead to two parties arguing by simply shouting what they want to say and not listening to the other. Just starts to seem like a troll and surprisingly, I have better things to do with my time... :rolleyes:

...like moving to the UK

Caporegime

From the second and third to last

A link between the increased numbers of asylum seekers in the country and any rise in sexual assaults and other crimes has not been established statistically, the Interior Ministry and the Vienna police say.

Although the overall amount of crime decreased by 15 per cent compared to last year, the group "Safer Wiesn for Girls and Women" reported that 215 women asked for help at a security checkpoint. Of those, 18 reported experiencing violence.

No one is arguing that some migrants are causing crime. The question is whether the rate of crime is higher among those groups.

All there really is there is a list of newspapers with lists of various crimes have happened. The only pieces that actually talk about crime rate are pretty much listed above, with the second quote not attributing the crime to any particular group.

It takes more than a few news stories to figure that out. ;)

Caporegime

On topic.......

The migrant quota was doomed from the very start, imagine you live in a council house and all of a sudden you get a call saying.

You have a spear bedroom I see, so we have decided to allocate that room to a migrant. If you don't comply you will be fined. :eek:

Same thing just on a much smaller scale.

The migrant quota was instigated because Greece can't cope with the number of refugees coming in. The aim was to spread them out a little, rather than force one or two countries to take all of them.

Soldato
Personally I don't count "continuously repeating the same thing to someone who isn't listening" as ignorance :p

He just makes the same thread over and over again and I think even he would be clever enough to comprehend that it's just going to lead to two parties arguing by simply shouting what they want to say and not listening to the other. Just starts to seem like a troll and surprisingly, I have better things to do with my time... :rolleyes:

...like moving to the UK

But do you not think it his personal concern? Is he not allowed to express his views no matter what they maybe?

I am concerned with immigration and I would be fuming if the EU tried to allocate people to the UK.

We the UK did not say all are welcome and nether did the other 26 states of the EU. But Germanys Merkel did and now the backlash begins.

The most basic analogy or metaphor I can come up with is........

Would you like someone taking a lone in your name without you knowing?

How is that connected you may think, well people cost money especially migrants they need food clothes and housing. But guess what? it costs money, time, logistics and infrastructure to accommodate these people.

Its not nice to impose anything on anyone but that's what the EU is doing and I personally find it very unfair.

Its not like the whole 28 nations of the EU had a meeting and agreed to accept the migrants, just one member did and the EU is now trying to impose migrants on other countries.

Not right and it stinks.

Soldato
The migrant quota was instigated because Greece can't cope with the number of refugees coming in. The aim was to spread them out a little, rather than force one or two countries to take all of them.

The migrant quota has nothing to do with Greece, it was Merkels big gob that started the ball rolling.

Rolling stone gathers moss so to say, so let Germany deal with it.

Its Germanys fault not Greece or any other nation of the EU.

Caporegime
The migrant quota has nothing to do with Greece, it was Merkels big gob that started the ball rolling.

Rolling stone gathers moss so to say, so let Germany deal with it.

Its Germanys fault not Greece or any other nation of the EU.

http://www.euractiv.com/section/jus...ny-eu-countries-say-no-to-immigration-quotas/

The European Commission has submitted a proposal to find a fairer way to admit and distribute asylum seekers in the EU. But it’s up to the member states to decide, and many don’t accept the proposed distribution of migrants. The EurActiv network reports.

Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is said to have lobbied the Commission hard. On 27 May, the executive unveiled concrete proposals, detailing its plans for the relocation of 40,000 refugeees from Italy and Greece to other EU countries, as well as the resettlement of 20,000 from outside the EU, across member states.

It's less about Germany, more about the states that migrants/refugees are landing in initially. It's especially important if you subscribe to the "first safe country" rule, because that really would ***** Greece up even more.

And the last link?

If you explain to me what it actually is then I may be able to comment further.:)

It just looks like a location/list of offences in Germany, but other than that...?

Caporegime
http://www.euractiv.com/section/jus...ny-eu-countries-say-no-to-immigration-quotas/

It's less about Germany, more about the states that migrants/refugees are landing in initially. It's especially important if you subscribe to the "first safe country" rule, because that really would ***** Greece up even more.

If you explain to me what it actually is then I may be able to comment further.:)

It just looks like a location/list of offences in Germany, but other than that...?

But theyre landing in greece because germany said "hey come here"

Caporegime
But theyre landing in greece because germany said "hey come here"

They're landing in Greece mostly because their country has gone to **** with a civil war that's been going on for 4 years and it's one of the first safe countries for them.

Ah ok, playing dumb confirmed. I guess you know the reality, but can't admit it for ideological reasons.

I'm sorry, but I can't read German.;)

Standard response though. I guess the lack of explanation means it's nothing particularly relevant. Much like most of your posts - lacking content and data.

More serious response: If you can explain what you take away from it then maybe I can understand it, and we can debate the point.:)

EDIT: So going through google translate it is a map of crimes perpetuated by people that may not be german, "dark skinned", "mediterranean origin" etc. A lot of the links look like they are to news reports of the event, not an arrest.

If that's correct then.

No one is arguing that some migrants are causing crime. The question is whether the rate of crime is higher among those groups.

All there really is there is a list of newspapers with lists of various crimes have happened. The only pieces that actually talk about crime rate are pretty much listed above, with the second quote not attributing the crime to any particular group.

It takes more than a few news stories to figure that out.

Still applies.

With several million non white/german people living in Germany the number of crimes perpetuated by them will be fairly high. The link doesn't give any indication about the rate of crime however.

Last edited:
Soldato
They're landing in Greece mostly because their country has gone to **** with a civil war that's been going on for 4 years and it's one of the first safe countries for them.

Wrong! Greece had no problem at all before big gob Merkel said "All refugees welcome."

This is why these threads get so heated and closed you just cannot see the wood for the trees.

Germany invited all refugees that is what she said, how hard is that to comprehend.

Greece and Italy are taking the full brunt as they the closest to the **** hole middle east.

Am in a bad mood anyway tonight so I will bow out now!

Back
Top Bottom