Is the sugar in grapes good or bad?

humoured ? google them, to see the rest, but these rules are good

1. Eat food
2. Don’t eat anything your great‐grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food
3. Avoid food products containing ingredients that no ordinary human would keep in the pantry
4. Avoid food products that contain high‐fructose corn syrup
5. Avoid food products that have some form of sugar (or sweetener listed among) the top three ingredients
6. Avoid food products that have more than 5 ingredients
7. Avoid food products containing ingredients that a third‐grader cannot pronounce
8. Avoid food products that make health claims
9. Avoid food products with the wordoid “lite” or the terms “low fat” or “nonfat” in their names
10. Avoid foods that are pretending to be something they are not
11. Avoid foods you see advertised on television

If you eat a lot of grapes regularly, then good to mix with other food. I add grapes to a yoghurt mixed with nuts and some mixed seeds for. What I would do is think I'm a bit peckish at 3pm and eat 300g of grapes until i'm full, but I might grab a small handful as an enjoyable treat with a coffee etc

Just don't think fruit juice is the same as fruit. Fruit juice you want to treat the same as coke or beer, i.e. it is perfectly find in moderation but you aren't doing anything healthy.

Coke is toxic because it is made of concentrates and acids - the phosphoric acid is concentrated enough to remove rust and to decay your teeth very, very quickly. Not to mention it is a narcotic which makes you addictive to it. Just like coffee. Meh...

Fruit juice is not unhealthy. Unhealthy food is fast food like burgers, french fries with lots of salt and oil, and different biscuits, sweets, etc.

All things point to excessive fructose consumption being pretty disastrous for your gut health so I would view fruit as an occasional treat rather than a key part of your diet.

The thing is that Nature is very smart and there aren't fat animals or ones that are sick because of "wrong" diet.
Only we, humans, with a processed food diet screw things up with our bodies.

If you consume fruit and vegetables, wine and beer in small quantities, and avoid cigarettes, salty, oily food and foods with artifical additives, you will be fine.

The thing is that Nature is very smart and there aren't fat animals or ones that are sick because of "wrong" diet.
Only we, humans, with a processed food diet screw things up with our bodies.

If you consume fruit and vegetables, wine and beer in small quantities, and avoid cigarettes, salty, oily food and foods with artifical additives, you will be fine.

You wanna have another think about that.

What is "good sugar" :confused:

sugar in it's natural state.

as in you don't need to do anything to it before it's been put in your system.

as in a bar of chocolate doesn't come out the ground as a bar of chocolate. therefore bad sugar.

honey on the other hand does come out the hive looking like honey so it's good.

sugar as in the grains has been refined. it's natural form is sugar canes. a syrup inside basically a tree.

if it has to go through a machine or chemicals being used then it's refined (not natural) and therefore bad sugar.

everything in moderation though. so even if you ate 1kf og good sugar that is too much. not moderation so it's bad.

you then also have to think about the added benefits of whatever the product is. for example bananas, apples and grapes have a lot more health benefits than honey. so you can get away with having more of them than you can of honey. you can also get away with having more honey than refined sugar.

it's all quite simple. avoid stuff that isn't in it's natural state.

would people have ate it 2,000 years ago? if not then it's probably not natural.

Coke is toxic because it is made of concentrates and acids - the phosphoric acid is concentrated enough to remove rust and to decay your teeth very, very quickly. Not to mention it is a narcotic which makes you addictive to it. Just like coffee. Meh...

Fruit juice is not unhealthy. Unhealthy food is fast food like burgers, french fries with lots of salt and oil, and different biscuits, sweets, etc.

Fruit juice is unhealthy in the quantities people tend to consumer it (pint glass or 500ml bottle). No amount of vitamins/antioxidants/etc balances out the effect of the sugar hit you get from fruit juice.

200ml drank with food? You are in ok territory.
Chugging an 500ml bottle on the go? Not so much.

it's all quite simple. avoid stuff that isn't in it's natural state.

would people have ate it 2,000 years ago? if not then it's probably not natural.

Hmm?

Humans have never been able to eat grains without processing, don't generally eat flesh without processing. Starchy tubers need processing.

In fact the safest things to eat without machines, heat and chemicals (a very abused word, seeing as everything is chemicals) are fruit and most vegetables.

Even then... if you want to use the standard of 2000 years ago the vegetables and fruit today have been genetically altered with human intervention so we get more of what we want and less of what we don't. We're not typically eating tiny sour apples and scrawny ancestors of modern chickens.

More definition on "natural" is required.

Hmm?

Humans have never been able to eat grains without processing, don't generally eat flesh without processing. Starchy tubers need processing.

In fact the safest things to eat without machines, heat and chemicals (a very abused word, seeing as everything is chemicals) are fruit and most vegetables.

Even then... if you want to use the standard of 2000 years ago the vegetables and fruit today have been genetically altered with human intervention so we get more of what we want and less of what we don't. We're not typically eating tiny sour apples and scrawny ancestors of modern chickens.

More definition on "natural" is required.

heat is fine. machines and chemicals no.

as in chicken breasts is okay.

however chicken nuggets is a no.

baked potato is okay.

potato waffles is a no.

i'm sure you can figure it out.

Fruit juice is unhealthy in the quantities people tend to consumer it (pint glass or 500ml bottle). No amount of vitamins/antioxidants/etc balances out the effect of the sugar hit you get from fruit juice.

200ml drank with food? You are in ok territory.
Chugging an 500ml bottle on the go? Not so much.

Aye fruit juice is pretty bad. Your getting the sugar but not the fibre. Something like orange juice is full of sugar, and is acidic, so it'll rot your teeth as well as making you fat. That fact your getting vitamin C doesn't offset that.

Aye fruit juice is pretty bad. Your getting the sugar but not the fibre. Something like orange juice is full of sugar, and is acidic, so it'll rot your teeth as well as making you fat. That fact your getting vitamin C doesn't offset that.

It isn't sugar, and, normally, "sugar" is very quickly transformed into pure energy by the body.

heat is fine. machines and chemicals no.

as in chicken breasts is okay.

however chicken nuggets is a no.

baked potato is okay.

potato waffles is a no.

i'm sure you can figure it out.

I'm sure I have a good idea what you mean but natural is not a good word to describe it.

Less processed and less additives perhaps.

Grapes are extremely sugary and eating a lot of them in one go will result in a nice spike in your blood sugar and a pretty sharp resultant fall. Sort of the same as eating a load of sweets! Sharp rises and falls in your blood sugar tend to make you feel hungrier, eat more and can affect your mood. The key is to try for a carbohydrate source which doesn't cause such rapid changes in blood sugar levels over the course of the day.

Back
Top Bottom