• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is there anywhere in the UK where i can buy an RTX 2080 Ti in stock?

Associate
OP
I'm a bit confused, isn't the FE supposed to be more expensive? Why is it £1099 and the branded cards £1399?
No, the FE models are always cheaper than the partner cards. Generally, all the partner cards tend to have 1-3% more performance than the FE editions... except the crappy brands like Palit and Inno3D ;P (Hate incoming but true.)

Caporegime
No, the FE models are always cheaper than the partner cards. Generally, all the partner cards tend to have 1-3% more performance than the FE editions... except the crappy brands like Palit and Inno3D ;P (Hate incoming but true.)

Wrong, the palit and inno3d cards have bigger coolers on them, so out of the box they'll generally boost higher and be quieter than the FE card.

Soldato
Wrong, the palit and inno3d cards have bigger coolers on them, so out of the box they'll generally boost higher and be quieter than the FE card.

Doesn't the Palit card use the slightly inferior chip? I can't recall where I saw it, maybe Gamers Nexus, but the FE cards have an 'A' after them or something like that?

Caporegime
Doesn't the Palit card use the slightly inferior chip? I can't recall where I saw it, maybe Gamers Nexus, but the FE cards have an 'A' after them or something like that?

Far as i'm aware the only real difference is 1 chip is clocked 100mhz lower by default. Doubt it makes much difference overall in terms of overlocking. Probably like buying a pre-overclocked card vs a regular one.

Soldato
What % of returns vs. sales were you seeing with these brands vs. the others that you handled? Also what generation of cards are we talking, 2001-2005, 2006-2011, or after that?

I don't remember the %, it was mostly the jetstream cards, 9 series, we didn't hold tons of stock of them prior to that.

They sold well, don't get me wrong but common return was coil whine, and trying to deal with palit was just well horrible.

I always personally felt they felt cheaply made.

Best returns to deal with was gigabyte, evga.
rarely ever got any evga cards back too and if we did was the usual distance sale return of unwanted.

I find I'm always put off buying certain brands now from working in that field now as I have personal experince of many manufactires.

Just like when people say hear zotac take forever.. They sure do even worse as a business

Soldato
I don't remember the %, it was mostly the jetstream cards, 9 series, we didn't hold tons of stock of them prior to that.

They sold well, don't get me wrong but common return was coil whine, and trying to deal with palit was just well horrible.

I always personally felt they felt cheaply made.

Best returns to deal with was gigabyte, evga.
rarely ever got any evga cards back too and if we did was the usual distance sale return of unwanted.

I find I'm always put off buying certain brands now from working in that field now as I have personal experince of many manufactires.

Just like when people say hear zotac take forever.. They sure do even worse as a business

And that's completely the opposite of my experience with business returns from Palit. Didn't have any Inno3d. MSI and Asus were the two worst. Palit was a joy to deal with, the only problem was returning to Hong Kong. Gigabyte and Evga were great to deal with too.

Zotac have amazing customer service too and very quick turn around time, not sure what you mean about Zotac taking forever.

I wonder could Gibbo chime in. What does he think of dealing Palit etc?

Soldato
And that's completely the opposite of my experience with business returns from Palit. Didn't have any Inno3d. MSI and Asus were the two worst. Palit was a joy to deal with, the only problem was returning to Hong Kong. Gigabyte and Evga were great to deal with too.

Zotac have amazing customer service too and very quick turn around time, not sure what you mean about Zotac taking forever.

Asus I agree are awful, in regards to returning gpu, motherboard

Laptop returns for them is well handled though in my experiences

OcUK Staff

Right now all the brands pretty much all have a similar RMA rate, gone are the days are really cheap nasty stuff, in general they are all much better and the premium brands that once was are generally not so far ahead of the so called budget brands of the past.

Palit, Inno3D, Zotac, PNY, Galax, Gainward all share production lines and quality is generally very good. Yes from time to time an AIB makes a boo boo, but they all do from time to time, RMA wise Palit, Inno3D are fine, Zotac of course have the bonus of 5yr warranty term, which is good value.

Soldato
Right now all the brands pretty much all have a similar RMA rate, gone are the days are really cheap nasty stuff, in general they are all much better and the premium brands that once was are generally not so far ahead of the so called budget brands of the past.

Palit, Inno3D, Zotac, PNY, Galax, Gainward all share production lines and quality is generally very good. Yes from time to time an AIB makes a boo boo, but they all do from time to time, RMA wise Palit, Inno3D are fine, Zotac of course have the bonus of 5yr warranty term, which is good value.

Thanks for the reply. Pretty much sums up my experience. The 5 year on the Zotac cards are really good, especially now, if you are spending £1000 or more on a GPU.

Caporegime
Thanks for the reply. Pretty much sums up my experience. The 5 year on the Zotac cards are really good, especially now, if you are spending £1000 or more on a GPU.
Ironically the people spending £1000 on a GPU are also the people likely to swap it out for something new next year :) Or after two years at most! So 5 years but non-transferable is probably less valuable than it might seem at first.

The people who really need a 5-year warranty are the people for whom spending £200+ is a big deal, and not something to be done more than once every 3-5 years.

Of course there's the argument that we should all swap out every year no matter what price range we buy at, to maximise resale value.

Associate
I'm a bit confused, isn't the FE supposed to be more expensive? Why is it £1099 and the branded cards £1399?

Yes the FE was meant to be at a $100 premium but yet no surprise the standard cards come out with the big Vs hand gestures and add £200-400 for a different cooler (which probably cost little more than nvidias to make). In fairness to them they need to make some form of profit so probably should charge more than Nvidia reference design but obviously retailers gouging the hell outta of the price at present. No way any of the cards should be over £1200, unless AIO.

I've never thought of getting a reference card until this launch but if I was buying id simply get a reference card from the Nvidia shop, those prices are bad enough without adding the extra. Perhaps wait til black Friday when Nvidia/ocuk might manage a £999 card.

Caporegime
The physical build quality on the 2080 Ti FE is truly something to behold, certainly a step up from my EVGA 1080 FTW.

If it only the damn thing actually worked though! :(

Fe cards do look and feel very premium (at least going by my titan card), makes the third party cards feel cheap in comparison even though they generally cool much better. I do feel nvidia goes more than slightly over the top on the amount of screws they use though, taking one of the cards apart is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom