• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is there anywhere in the UK where i can buy an RTX 2080 Ti in stock?

Associate
Is there anywhere currently right now in the UK, where i can order an RTX 2080 Ti and they actually have them in stock?

Any partners except: Inno3D, Palit (or other suspect Asian brands.)

Man of Honour
Nothing wrong with Palit albeit a bit cheap and cheerful (in terms of the approach to the product). I've used them in secondary systems for years without a problem and my current 1070 is a Palit card as it was on offer at a very reasonable price.

Soldato
You can purchase one from nVidia themselves.

Forum rules state no mention of competitors by the way. Stock @ nVidia's site has been mentioned plenty of times in other threads so I assume it's ok to state that here.

Associate
I have a Palit 1080, absolutely nothing wrong with it, and built exceptionally well, better build quality than my Gigabyte 780Ti. You really should make more use of google before asking these types of questions and making baseless assertions.

Soldato
You can purchase one from nVidia themselves.

Forum rules state no mention of competitors by the way. Stock @ nVidia's site has been mentioned plenty of times in other threads so I assume it's ok to state that here.
I think it's fine as they're also the supplier/manufacturer so not strictly a competitor. I tend to just say "FE direct". FE cards can only be bought direct.
I'm a little surprised the FE cards haven't gone out of stock again yet.

Soldato
*** no competitor linking - please re-read the rules ***
Thanks - Armageus

I love how someone can ask a very specific question and most answers involve not answering the question at all. Internet 2018.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Nothing wrong with Palit albeit a bit cheap and cheerful (in terms of the approach to the product). I've used them in secondary systems for years without a problem and my current 1070 is a Palit card as it was on offer at a very reasonable price.

You say that but, they only come with 2 years warranty for a start and I've had the unfortunate happentstance to need to use their warranty, which is basically non-existent and I've had to go the credit card claim route on both occaisions. The lack of/short warranty also affects resale value.

OcUK Staff
PNY are from USA according to Wikipedia, OC sell their 2080tis (pre-order...)

Part of PC Partner group which under it falls Palit, PNY, Zotac, Inno3D, Gainward and some manufacturing shared with Galax.

Saying not Asian brands, the OP does realise every single card, 2080Ti is made in Asia yes?

Man of Honour
You say that but, they only come with 2 years warranty for a start and I've had the unfortunate happentstance to need to use their warranty, which is basically non-existent and I've had to go the credit card claim route on both occaisions. The lack of/short warranty also affects resale value.

Forgot about the warranty as I've never had to use it so far - true on a £1+K card I'd want a bit more all my Palit cards have been £350 or lower. At 2080Ti prices I'd want atleast a 4 year warranty anything less is miserly.

Rup

Rup

Associate
Why are most cards from the likes of Palit, PNY, Zotac, Inno3D, Gainward so fugly!
How hard is to put some black fans & backplate on a £1200+ card? What's with the ugly orange/beige so-called highlights?
Do they use the same useless designer as Noctua?

Soldato
There’s a reason the “cheap” brand cards are always left in stock with each and every generation. Aside from the reference models, the build quality is usually cheap and nasty. A dodgy plated PCIe bracket is usually the first giveaway, then horrible plastics used for cooler construction combined with a chunk of Aluminium. I bought a second hand MSI armour edition about a year ago and it’s the most horrific looking thing I’ve ever bought in terms of build quality. Looks a bit like one of those dodgy fake Chinese cards you see.

Back
Top Bottom