Is this a good pc build on a budget, any bottlenecking on Fortnite 1080p ultra low settings?

Associate
ASRock Challenger D OC Radeon RX 6700 XT 12 GB Video Card(gpu)

MSI B450 Gaming Plus max (Motherboard)

(Black) Montech X3 mesh (case)

Ryzen 7 5800X (CPU)

(Black) Id cooling se-214-XT (cpu cooler)

Kingston NV2 (SSD)

Corsair vengeance LPX (memory)

Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 - TT Premium Edition 1050 W (Power Supply)

TP-Link AC600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter (to get WiFi on motherboard)

Associate
OP
If it's literally just for 240hz Fortnite then it'll work, might not be the best use of your money but that depends on how much it's all setting you back.

You're really not being particularly forthcoming with information, but going from the above you are buying or already own the CPU and GPU? If you're buying them how much would each cost you?

A breakdown list of price per component would offer a lot of clarity for us to help you with.
Don’t own them, im looking to buy a cpu for £80-130 maybe more not really sure and gpu for £180-260

Cooler(id cooling se-214 xt)=£18

Motherboard(msi b450 gaming plus max AM4)=£80

Memory(Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb)=£38

SSD(Kingston NV2 500gb)=£34

Case(montech x3 mesh)=£50

PSU(evga 850 bq)=£85

Total cost around £597

Associate
OP
let's start from the beginning...
@Icewheely what is your budget and what components have you already bought/have?
we know you want to run fortnite at competitive settings, you have to give us more information to allow us to give you the best advice tailored for you (the cliche, help us to help you)
I don’t own any parts my budget is £550-650 I don’t care about graphics but I want to be able to run most games on decent graphics on 1080p; my main priority is Fortnite ultra low graphics

Associate
OP
that's just a string of words with no sense made

i'm going to answer my interpretation of it
for the cpu, yes amd cpus are better value in general, hence why i've recommended getting a amd ryzen 5800x3d
for the gpu, no, you should get a nvidia gpu because amd graphics cards have issues with fortnite (esp in dx11 mode)
Sorry what I meant was: in Fortnite I plan on using performance mode. I had heard of amd being bad For Fortnite but thought it was a myth

Back
Top Bottom