Is your work keyboard disgusting?

Associate
My work one is very clean. Every time it gets a little bit dirty where i have to make an effort to wipe it i just go open a crispy new one out of the box and put my old one in the used pile.

My home one is dusty and needs cleaning. Contemplating buying a new one.

Soldato
Mine's a bit dusty, and if I turn it upside down there will certainly be a lot of crumbs in there, but the surface is clean enough. I actually clean my mouse occasionally, purely because it's easy. At least my monitor is meticulously clean. Unlike my colleagues' monitors which are frequently scratched and smudged. That would drive me mental.

Soldato
Mine isn't too bad. It's not spotless, but I tip it upside down at the end of every shift and clean it every week, I'm the only one that uses it.

Soldato
My entire office is an absolute cess pit, clean it on Friday evening and the dust in the atmosphere seeps in and covers everything by Monday.
Plus most people don't understand the concept of light and heavy workshop, if its covered in crap put it in the heavy workshop to service not the clean electronics bench FFS!!

Soldato
As from hotdesking thread here is a piccie of the lovely specimen I was greeted with in my new post
n1L7eZ9.jpg
That white bit is chewing gum previous person liked gum and liked tucking it in keyboard (I am sadly not joking)

I very swiftly bought my own wireless mouse and keyboard for work.
Interestingly people comment how spotless my desk is and they have never known anyone to bring their own periphials and to clean it down along with the desk at the end of each day. I also lock my nice clean mouse and keyboard away :D

Soldato
OP
As from hotdesking thread here is a piccie of the lovely specimen I was greeted with in my new post
n1L7eZ9.jpg
That white bit is chewing gum previous person liked gum and liked tucking it in keyboard (I am sadly not joking)

Interestingly people comment how spotless my desk is and they have never known anyone to bring their own periphials and to clean it down along with the desk at the end of each day. I also lock my nice clean mouse and keyboard away :D

That is foul, I would need to where rubber gloves to touch that. Some people are real pigs.

Associate

I work in a school where desktops turn into a rubbish bin, abit of gum on a keyboard is standard for me :(

Associate
All the guys up in our maintenance control office are constantly wiping their keyboards with anti bacterial wipes. I am amazed half of them still have letters and numbers on!

Associate
Fortunately my job doesn't involve hotdesking. Mine's not really dirty. A few crumbs here and there which can be rid of by turning the keyboard upside down and shaking it.

Usually my keyboards don't last me that long so they never get a chance to be dirty. I use the £5 ones from Asda :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thankfully not. I don't hot-desk and I give my keyboard and mouse a clean with an anti-bacterial wipe each Monday morning. For some reason the cleaner shouldn't deem peripherals deserving of her attention. They may well be the dirtiest items on people's desks!

Back
Top Bottom