Is your work keyboard disgusting?

Associate
Mine's clean, as is my desk. I accumulate a bit of clutter from time to time, papers and random tech that I can't be bothered to sort out immediately, but it's never disgusting.

Associate
I once serviced a laptop for someone who reported there laptop keys felt "heavy" to type on

After removing several keys, and then the keyboard itself the laptop was filled with a foul smelling yellow tar as the person who brought it in smoked heavily. The laptop was 6months old!!

I share a machine with another tech, and we do weekly rotation so I only see that machine for 1 week in 2, and its always pretty clean as we are both a little obsessive when it comes to making sure we dont catch illnesses from people who may have used the keyboard when we are not there (people coming in to reset there passwords and typing the new one themselves)

Soldato
This topic reminds me why I have outgrown the OCUK forums.

And yet you feel you have to post in it anyway?

My keyboard is alright, I've certainly seen a lot worse. I do eat at my desk sometimes but the desks here are fairly deep so I normally push the keyboard away from me while I eat so as not to shower it with crumbs :p (I don't generally need to type while eating as I'm normally just reading stuff on the screen - can't do proper work without both hands on the keys)

Associate
I very swiftly bought my own wireless mouse and keyboard for work.
Interestingly people comment how spotless my desk is and they have never known anyone to bring their own periphials and to clean it down along with the desk at the end of each day. I also lock my nice clean mouse and keyboard away :D

Everyday? Wow, I bet your house is spotless, haha. :D

Back
Top Bottom