It is just wrong - poor kid :(

Soldato
glen8 said:
20-30 years ago many of todays terrorists / freedom fighters were like that little boy
I bet after seeing that, plenty of mums around the world would take one of those Syrian kids in, give them a better life, a decent education etc. Better than increasing the chances of them turning into future terrorists.

Soldato
The Middle East has been at war for thousands of years and I believe will continue to do so for many more.

The West has played a major part in causing the mess in Libya, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. and we have a responsibility to clean it up but we can't because the people who destabilized the region will continue to do so for political and economic reasons.

It's is upsetting to see the footage of this kid but this is happening daily and has done for years. This photo is nothing new, but for some reason has been shoved down people's throats.

Last edited:
Soldato
Assad or ISIS to control Syria?

Choose wisely.

In other news, the chap that took this photo had a selfie with an ISIS squad after they beheaded a child recently.

Anti ISIS, seems he takes pictures with the Syrian rebel group 'Harakat Nour al-Din al-Zenki'. The same lot who beheaded a Palestinian child in Aleppo.

https://www.facebook.com/mahmoud.rslan.58

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Problem is, this is just one example, there are hundreds/thousands of these kids not as "lucky" to have survived or had their parents survive.

Bringing children into it always makes it more striking.

The world is not the beautiful lovely place we'd like to think it is, and it is so easy for us to judge, and make comments from our comfortable happy and safe lives.

I find it rather sad and depressing :(

Soldato
1) Social media outrage

2) Possible more bombings

3) More terrorist attacks in retaliation for bombings

Back to 1.

We should leave the place to sort itself out, stop getting involved in entire hell hole of a region and let their god sort them out.

Or nuke from orbit, its the only way to be sure

Common sense, Which isn't so common anymore, Isn't allowed though as common sense is racist, <insert random word>phobic, Bigoted etc etc....

Soldato
https://www.icij.org/project/windfalls-war/us-contractors-reap-windfalls-post-war-reconstruction-0

Then there's the money from oil, security weapon sales to new government etc etc

This does not support the claim that wars were perused for financial gain, it only proves that conflict can provide financial gain.

A double glazing salesmen will make money from replacing broken windows, this doesn't mean he goes out and breaks windows. If you think they do, then you need to provide clear evidence of that.

Soldato
OP
Ok then why don't you tell me what you're assuming is theoretical? instead of having poor debating skills and making me guess what you're trying to say.

You've already said it was about the "governments wanna keep governing" bit, now you're saying that's actually a fact and something else is my theory, but you don't wanna say what it is?

I could understand what arctine was saying, why couldn't you?

Associate
Associate
I'm quite a heartless guy, 9/11 - didn't care, mass shootings - don't care, but now and again you get a story about an individual and it hits home with me. This story and the one about the shot child in America really bothered me when I read them.

I'm sure better, more educated men don't know how to solve this problem, i sure as hell don't. I don't even know where to start making things better.

I'm just fed up that in a world where we achieve so much good we can also be so cruel and vile.

Go after the arm sellers, put embargo on countries that traffic guns.

Soldato
It's an unwinnable mess, whomever is backed by the outside elements still has blood on their hands. It's a question of backing the one's with the least blood. Unwinnable because there will always be those who reject what happens, those who continue some kind of insurgency.

The trouble is its basically become a proxy war that would have been over long ago if left to their own resources but every time it looks like one side or another may gain an advantage either the US or Russia weighs in to push them back, so the result is a never ending stalemate that we're all responsible for because no one side can back down and neither can the US or Russia face each other openly on the battlefield so they fight their ideological battles over middle eastern soil instead.

Soldato
Sigh.

I said everything you have concluded is theoretical. The conclusions you draw are theoretical. You drew theoretical conclusions. I don't know how to make it any clearer. Maybe you're struggling to make distinction between your own surmising and concluding? I don't know, just please stop. It's embarrassing.

I was simply explaining why I can't be bothered to talk to you, not referring to any specifics at that time.

So you just hate theories then? That's great but then why even post anything at all unless it's something for or against anything I have specifically "theorised"?

I still don't see how it is a theory that any and all military intervention has simply exponentiated terror. It is not a theory that Bin Laden is dead yet we now have ISIS, 15 years since the "war on terror" started. It is not a theory that an ex FBI guy has explicitly stated that western intervention to "stop terror" actually causes retaliatory attacks.

But still it's fine. The greatest things ever conceived are still regarded as mere theories. I guess it must be pretty blissful in a world where you label things as theories because somehow, something being a theory is your excuse to "not bother".

I could understand what arctine was saying, why couldn't you?

But stopper understood what I was saying, don't you too? ;)

It's now clear what arctine is saying, he has a phobia of theory but I still don't see what on earth it has to do with discussion on a forum, or in what way it is a logically formed argument, retort, even a mere alternative idea to anything I have specifically mentioned.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm quite a heartless guy, 9/11 - didn't care, mass shootings - don't care, but now and again you get a story about an individual and it hits home with me. This story and the one about the shot child in America really bothered me when I read them.

I'm sure better, more educated men don't know how to solve this problem, i sure as hell don't. I don't even know where to start making things better.

I'm just fed up that in a world where we achieve so much good we can also be so cruel and vile.

Sums up how I feel really, the kid sitting in the back was tough to watch, especially when he rubs his head then looks at the blood.

Soldato
Come on I thought you actually had a source, turns out some random Twitter account of a pro Syrian government lady with pictures with big arrows on it. And of people that are probably not the same.

If your going to make a claim atleast have a reliable source.

You are incorrect.

If you would like me to post a full video documenting it is the same people that beheaded a 12 year old boy i can do, but it will likely be removed as it shows the actual beheading as well in the video.

Where do you think news agencies get their news from these days?

99% of this type of news is from social media and they just filter what they want for their own narrative.

Prime example the original post from the BBC, that is no more viable that the twitter post. As all the BBC have done is taken the video from socical media and put a few words around it. They were not there at the scene they do not have reporters on the ground.

Cq_LNb2x_Xg_AAop_S8.jpg

Cq_LCULRXEAAVG6_F.jpg

Two pictures there from children from government held territories, the same day. caused by shelling from the terrorists but this does not fit into the BBC narative.

Last edited:
Soldato
As if that's the only options?

Surely there must be some democratic opposition (not killed off yet) to assad?

A no fly zone should have been enforced 5yrs ago. Yes we would probably have an Iraq/Libya situation but it would have been better than the total cluster**** that we have atm.

Yea you are confused.

Al nusra? they're just al qaeda rebranded, its not hard to look up, takes all of 2 seconds.

The only groups worth working with are the FSA, SDF and YPG. Like we are doing.

There is no Al nusra now they have re branded to Jabhat Fateh Al-Sham. I'm going to guess this is a move brought on by the Saudis / west. So in the long term average jo will not realise this and they can begin to give them weapons.

There is no FSA they are 95%+ jhiadis

The YPG are part of the Syrian defence force (SDF)

Back
Top Bottom