• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It looks like the 'real' /affordable RDNA3 + next gen NV desktop launch won't launch until September. Thoughts?

Soldato
OP
Finally, confirmation of FSR3:

They are recommending an RX 6000 series or RTX 3000 series card to use FSR3 / AMD's frame generation, so if you have one, you're in luck.

My guess is that it will release alongside Cyberpunk 2077's new DLC, Phantom Liberty (end of September).

There should be quite a large boost in the framerate (fake or not), even without any kind of upscaling:

AMD-Radeon-RX-7800-XT-and-RX-7700-XT-Press-Deck_14-1536x864.jpg

This is what interests me most, e.g. what kind of performance boost we will get without any upscaling at all, at 1440p and 4K resolution.

The above screenshot suggests around a 65% increase in average framerate.

They list RDNA2 cards are 'recommended', which suggests that FSR3 may be designed to work with consoles with RDNA2 GPUs, such as the Series X and PS5.

I hope CDPR add FSR3 support to the Witcher 3 Next gen version.

Another question is, does RDNA3 offer any benefits at all to technologies such as this?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
FSR 3 / frame gen technology is going to be integrated into HYPR-RX next year. Link:
https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-to-...n-with-frame-generation-for-all-dx11-12-games

This sounds very cool, and is exactly what I hoped they would try to do.

The plan seems to be to use HYPR-RX (enabled In-Driver) to enable frame generation in pretty much all modern games:
https://youtu.be/iYO4RJHf7QU?t=136

Essentially, HYPR-RX looks like a complete replacement for Radeon Super Resolution (which isn't that good).

I think if it works as planned, it will be very nice to be able to enable a single option in Radeon Software, with no config for each game...

I think personally, I would like to be able to disable any image upscaling and Radeon Boost within the Radeon Software, as both of these aren't great for image quality.

Additionally, if they can add support for the Vulkan API, then they would have all the bases covered...

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So, you can download the Forspoken PC demo on Steam now, and test out FSR3 that was added today.

I'll give it a go.

Framerate is pretty decent from what I've heard.

EDIT - Someone tested the game with FSR 3 enabled, on a RX 7900 XTX here:

You can test it on modern Nvidia GPUs too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom