Its Here !!!

Associate
1178lcl4.jpg

There it is. Or where it's supposed to be.

Upload some pics of your mobo :)

Permabanned
Just tired the Asus website about this bord and all the online stuff for it yet there is nothing!!!!

No bios, drivers, manual..oh and there site sucks yet still.

Says it's EZ flash so there is defo a chip on there, dead eays to spot but where umm who know eh

There are now 2 975 chipsets out, rev 1 and rev2, rev 2 is slightly tweaked for Conroe and rev1 will not surport it i belive.

Last edited:
Caporegime
afaik the chipset(well they get new steppings revisions semi often) is essentially the same, its only some power stuff on the board that has changed a little so it can officially support the conroe. P5B out the box should boot with conroe but its yet to be seen. also, there are still p5b's(or were yesterday) IN STOCK IN THE UK. you can buy them, so i doubt anyone will get in trouble.

bios thing is too funny, though its possible on a cheaper end board they have put in a non removable bios and its one of the other chips, hard to tell from that picture what everything is but seems weird.

EDIT:- with asus you should always check other sites for info as they put up boards at different times because they are stupid, global or us one normally get newest info first.

Last edited:
Associate
drunkenmaster said:
afaik the chipset(well they get new steppings revisions semi often) is essentially the same, its only some power stuff on the board that has changed a little so it can officially support the conroe. P5B out the box should boot with conroe but its yet to be seen. also, there are still p5b's(or were yesterday) IN STOCK IN THE UK. you can buy them, so i doubt anyone will get in trouble.

bios thing is too funny, though its possible on a cheaper end board they have put in a non removable bios and its one of the other chips, hard to tell from that picture what everything is but seems weird.

EDIT:- with asus you should always check other sites for info as they put up boards at different times because they are stupid, global or us one normally get newest info first.

hmm, bios cant be store on "other chips", if it wasnt removable it would just be soldered directly to the solder pads rather than having a chip housing.

Soldato
We must have a different revision than the one that appears in the picture.....I can't see at least two motherboards getting past quality control with no BIOS chip. But I haven't got a clue as to where it could be though. :confused:

Soldato
OP
killer_uk said:
Update: I believe this is normal, I have just been looking at some pictures of the P5B deluxe that was reviewed by hothardware and their board doesn't seem to have a BIOS chip visable either, and there is a blank space like my board. Picture here:

http://www.hothardware.com/articleimages/item845/big_p5b_3.JPG

Will await an email from asus to be sure.

any news mate ? :(

Drazic said:
Looks like it should be there but aint

Ooo wait what happen if ASUS fudged up somewhere and have not fitted them!!!! Now that be just comical

I wouldnt be laughing :(

Associate
From a manufacturing perspective, it's very common to have blank spaces on pcb's - that in itself is not a concern, changes between board revisions etc. As to where your bios chip is, no idea.

Associate
There is a additional chip on your board killer_uk just above the screw top left of the heat sink, that it? read something earlier on extremesystems about a new type of bios chip on the gigabyte ds3 with a pic showing a similar sized chip

Back
Top Bottom