Its Here !!!

Caporegime
I know this is stupid but have you looked in the manual that came with the board the maps of the boards ????

Surely it will say there ?

how much are these boards they look well cheap?

Soldato
craigjarvis said:
Raikiri, Here is the link to the xs thread i mentioned eariler, if you look at the mobo pic you will see printed bp bios above a small chip similar to the one on killer_uk's board and main bios printed just above that (below if mobo turned correct way up :p )
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=1589620&postcount=443

Didnt read the thread properly, my fault... seems a stupid move if you ask me. Corrupt BIOS means they need to supply a brand new board rather than swapping a relatively inexpensive chip.

Associate
obviously the bios is built onto the board
dell does the same, no bios's no cmos jumpers with there computers

so when your board bios dies, you will need to send whole motherboard away to get fixed rather than just order a new bios. $$$$$$$$$$ shipping to china

asus for me are just plain cowboys over last year i noticed there products
have went downhill abit (missing heatsink chipsets coolers on lower models for all they cost 2p) and there still charging same price as other competitors boards, who do come with heatsinks, also cutting back on features all in the name of saving you, the customer money yeh right.

Soldato
Looks like the bios chip is missing.

Bios chip is quite apparent on this image.

001.jpg

Think this board is a different version though, notice the extra sata to.

Soldato
ichabod crane said:
why not just connect the pc all up and try and flash the bios if it works its fine if not RMA

Thats the thing though, I can't as I don't have my CPU yet.

Asus did reply to my email but they said they couldn't view my image for some strange reason, so I have attached another one. Guess I will have to wait again for another reply. :mad:

Soldato
Asus you clever b... they better have a very good fail-safe method to recover from corrupt BIOS/etc, especially considering I had to replace a chip sometime earlier in the year (on a Asus A8V-Deluxe)!

Soldato
Well, there is this little feature:

CrashFree BIOS 3
* Simply restore corrupted BIOS data from USB flash disk
The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 allows users to restore corrupted BIOS data from a USB flash disk containing the BIOS file. This utility saves users the cost and hassle of buying a replacement BIOS chip.

Luckily I do have a USB flash disk, but what about those who havent? :p

Soldato
Well I've just heard of Asus again, heres what they had to say:

"The picture on ASUS website for P5B is engineering former. The P5B motherboard which is sold in the market is different from the one in the picture."

I will just have to test it once my CPU comes! :)

Back
Top Bottom