***It's Here!***

Associate
was thinkin about the 8core,but noway at those prices,unless intel drop the price then im going amd for the first time,about time amd,been getting bam,d up fae intel for years with there 10% performance increase ,

Soldato
I don't think there has ever been a time in the PC tech landscape (in my living memory anyway) where The Emperor's New Clothes tale has been more relevant.

It's almost funny, but people are actually falling for it which makes it quite disturbing. Very much in the spirit of Hans Christian Andersen. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Not everyone overclocks and a lot of the time you don't even need to even if you're a gamer, i prefer Intel for music production environment, the mainboards are expensive but i'm sure the price will drop at some point or cheaper ones will be available? the cpu's are about the price i expected, 2133mhz ram is enough for me.

Soldato
Not everyone overclocks and a lot of the time you don't even need to even if you're a gamer, i prefer Intel for music production environment, the mainboards are expensive but i'm sure the price will drop at some point or cheaper ones will be available? the cpu's are about the price i expected, 2133mhz ram is enough for me.

Yes but WHY do you need X299 though? That's the question. It's not like it's utter junk or a broken chipset (although it definitely has issues), but there is undoubtedly a big question mark over its price/performance benefit vs the other options and why someone would see it as the best option? For gaming it's a dumb choice, you're better off with Skylake or even Kabylake. X99 is a more mature platform for multi-tasking if you have a hard on for Intel, or there is obviously Ryzen which has ironed out many of the early bugs now, and is far cheaper. Or of course there is Threadripper which is well worth waiting for IMO.

Associate
Yes but WHY do you need X299 though? That's the question. It's not like it's utter junk or a broken chipset (although it definitely has issues), but there is undoubtedly a big question mark over its price/performance benefit vs the other options and why someone would see it as the best option? For gaming it's a dumb choice, you're better off with Skylake or even Kabylake. X99 is a more mature platform for multi-tasking if you have a hard on for Intel, or there is obviously Ryzen which has ironed out many of the early bugs now, and is far cheaper. Or of course there is Threadripper which is well worth waiting for IMO.

For all of it's supposed issues, some people just want the fastest they can buy for the money they are willing to spend. That's me for example. I'm hanging on for TR but I imagine for my usage, the X299 is just going to be quicker. Not in everything, and how many areas it is fastest in is fairly random depending on what review you read, but generally it's quicker.

Gaming: I personally don't want a 4 or 6 core CPU anymore. I stream as well.
X99: Not for me. X299 will probably have another CPU revision on it if we go by X79 and X99.
Ryzen: Great price for the performance but is generally slower, although not always, for my usage. I'm still leaning towards this a bit but mostly to see what they can do with the next Ryzen CPU.

Back
Top Bottom