It's On! Floyd Mayweather - Conor McGregor **No discussions of illegal streams**

Soldato
It's just a big money making scam that McGregor is taking just for the money as he knows Mayweather is not a big puncher so he will at least last a couple of rounds.

hardly a scam - you don't like it, don't pay for it/watch it etc . Simple. No scam involved - people, whether boxing aficionados or not, want this fight - that's why it's been made. The public want this fight, people will pay for this fight - that's why it will make millions.

Hardly a scam.

Soldato
Whatever! I've been an MMA fan since day 1 you cannot try and tell me some of the weight divisions are not lacking in depth over the last few years!
Go and look at the list of fighters former champions Like GSP, Anderson Silva etc defeated and compare that to the 3 world class fighters McGregor has beaten.The rest of his wins are against average fighters.
Yes he is a great fighter but he is talked about like he's some untouchable greatest pound for pound MMA fighter of all time and that's simply not the case.

Soldato
Gotta disagree with you Dav4, the lightweight and featherweight (lightweight particularly) have been stacked with great fighters for years. All irrelevant as Conor can only fight who they put in front of him, you can't blame him for cutting through them quickly - but that shows how good Conor is because no one else does that to the people he has done it to.

That being said, Floyd still out boxes him all day every day.

Soldato
My main point is that McGregor is referred to as being the all time pound for pound greatest in MMA by many but I just don't feel that is the case when compared to some of the greats in the past if you look at the opposition they fought.
Speaking of being big headed it seems according to MMA mania today 2 other MMA fighters have called out boxers to fight them on the undercard
Stipe Miocic has called out Anthony Joshua and Dillon Danis wants to fight Amir Kahn! Calling him glasschin etc :mad::eek: are these guys for real? Or just that full of themselves that they think they have a chance?

Soldato
Yes he is a great fighter but he is talked about like he's some untouchable greatest pound for pound MMA fighter of all time and that's simply not the case.
The UFC needed a new interesting poster boy to keep their momentum going and this is the perfect opportunity to use a guy who is that man and also willing to partake in a freak show fight to try and grab disaffected boxing fans getting bored with the state of boxing in general.

It opens up to masses of people who will be googling McGregor and seeing excitement in MMA in a way that googling people like GSP wouldn't, as that will get a highlight reel of rolling around on the floor, something only interesting to fans who understand it already.

They need to paint him as the best or none of it makes any sense. You don't send anyone to fight the 'greatest boxer of all time', you send your best of all time. McGregor is the only one currently fighting that they can paint like that.

Man of Honour
25/1 for Floyd to win in round 2, take that bet guys ;)

round 1 will be a lot of posturing, Conor will try some big shots and not connect,
round 2 Floyd will show him how to box, probably end it with body shots

Man of Honour
My prediction:

Points victory for Mayweather after 12 rounds of run, jab & hold.

i dont see that happening,
i know Floyd likes to defend a lot but he has a lot of responsability on his shoulders from the Boxing world,
he's not gonna want to come out of this with people thinking that Conor 'an MMA fighter' could hang with him,
im positive Floyd is going to want to finish Conor and to do it quickly,
take the 25/1 bet on Floyed to win round 2, maybe cover round 3 also at 25/1,
but anything later than that would be bad for Floyd and bad for Boxing.....
imo
9lWPvAL.png

Soldato

Yeah, thing is... it's so different, McGregor is a feet man, you can see he's still in a leg fighting pose, he's well back, no head movement, and throwing punches the wrong way. Wouldn't surprise me that he was pretending to be rubbish though. From McGregor's point of view, the only way he'll have a chance of winning is by Floyd not taking him seriously. How do you do that? Make yourself look crud.

Or he could just be a trash! :p

Associate
Everyone's speaking like McGregor hasn't been training with boxing coaches every single day for months! I still expect Mayweather to win but it'll be boring cos all he does is defend and throw very few punches.

Soldato
The judges will never let mayweather go 49-1 and I don't see any outcome other than McGregor getting knocked out.

This is too much in Floyd's favour, reverse the role and have an mma match and you have a different outcome. Completely pointless, how much they charging for the fight? £20?

My main point is that McGregor is referred to as being the all time pound for pound greatest in MMA by many but I just don't feel that is the case when compared to some of the greats in the past if you look at the opposition they fought.
Speaking of being big headed it seems according to MMA mania today 2 other MMA fighters have called out boxers to fight them on the undercard
Stipe Miocic has called out Anthony Joshua and Dillon Danis wants to fight Amir Kahn! Calling him glasschin etc :mad::eek: are these guys for real? Or just that full of themselves that they think they have a chance?

I think McGregor could have been the best in MMA history but for me he needed to defend the belts to really deserve such a title (I think he could have). Fact is, (and I can't blame him) he is there for the money and is in a position to get a fight that in itself could set him and his future family up for good.

Back
Top Bottom