"It's Show Time!"

Associate
vaultingSlinky said:
I suppose I've only got 5gb of music, and not fussed about video...but will I be in the future?

Yeah, definetly

With the number of good video podcasts out there and the ability to rip any DVD onto your iPod for watching on the bus, in work etc. etc. you'll definetly start filling up the hard drive space.

I'd get the 30gb if I were you ... 80gb if you can afford it though :)

Associate
I agree about wow movie downloads, if your in america! Again a feature we can't have!

People complain that the UK downloads more TV episodes than any country, but can anyone see the reason why!

We either have to wait to watch them and pay sky a fortune, we can't legally download them so what can we do!

Associate
I think they mentioned the iPod's (or some of them) not being available till sometime in October??, maybe thats why.

I also thought it was odd that Apple UK (apple.com/uk) wasen't updated at all after the keynote yesterday, only when I checked it at 9am the following morning was it all the same as the US version. I guess it was probably because the keynote wasen't in UK working hours, but still ... you would've thought Apple could update the site remotely.

Soldato
MagSafe said:
I think they mentioned the iPod's (or some of them) not being available till sometime in October??, maybe thats why.

They said the 5.5G iPod and G2 nano were availiable immediatly and the Shuffle is on pre-order for October. This is what Steve Jobs said in the 'Show Time' presentation, remebering of course it was in the US.

I was hoping to pop to the Apple store in the Bullring tomorrow and pick up an 8GB nano G2.

Associate
vaultingSlinky said:
:confused: The 8gb nanos were available to buy on the store at 2am Wednesday morning, I should know, I almost clicked 'checkout' lol ;).

Yeh - Everything bar the Shuffle were available to order right away on the website, but it seems the retail stores havnt got stock as yet.

Soldato
wush said:
How long do you think it will be before the usual high street stores get the new Nanos in? I'd like to check one out before I make a decision. :)

I spoke to an Apple Customer Service guy on the phone this morning to check if they were in stock in the Apple Store near me before I took the trip to it and he said that they won't have any stock until the middle of next week.

Soldato
RobH said:
I spoke to an Apple Customer Service guy on the phone this morning to check if they were in stock in the Apple Store near me before I took the trip to it and he said that they won't have any stock until the middle of next week.
Thanks for the info. I guess it will be a while before the crappy high street chains get them. :o

Soldato
disfunktion said:
Popped into the Apple store in Sheffield today and they didnt have any of the new ipods yet. Thought they would have had stock - macbooks etc were available more or less immediately.
The one at Meadowhall? Only 5-10 mins walk away from me :)

I'll probably be getting my stuff from the shop, just need gather money for a Macbook and Ipod :o

Is battery deteriation still a problem?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom