It's too hot :(

Soldato
Car was showing 31.5, decided to move it over a bay under the tree for some shade.

Thankfully the office is nice and cool, probably around 14c, but went out to the shops at lunch and it was toasty.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Yesterday, I made the mistake of deciding that it was too hot to go to the gym, so thought I'd go for a run and meet the mrs up there (approx. 5 miles away).

It was 25C when I set off and it was horrendous. In fact, by the time I'd gotten to the leisure centre I had to sit down and chuck down several glasses of water before I collapsed :(

Associate
Spare a thought for my wife...

Shes 37 weeks pregnant living in a country where (this time of year) the average temperature is 37C during the day cooling off to a chilly 26C at night. And we haven't even hit the peak of summer yet. There have been reports of temperatures expected to get as high as 50C next month :)

Good god...by "country" you mean hell, correct? :p

25c is bad enough for me, never mind 50c! I certainly don't envy her, or anyone in that heat.

Associate
Good god...by "country" you mean hell, correct? :p

25c is bad enough for me, never mind 50c! I certainly don't envy her, or anyone in that heat.

Its not too bad once you acclimatise to it ;)

It's a pain to work in but its nice when you're down the beach with a beer or 4 :D

I'm more worried about coming back to the UK in December with a 4 month old in tow... Its going to be FREEEEEZING!!

Last year we were in the garden in shorts and t-shirts having a BBQ on xmas day. Don't think that's going to be happening this year :D

Soldato
I dont mind this heat too much, As long as its not sunny.

I Enjoy 32C Humid weather in thailand (rain season though so no sun).

As soon as the sun comes out my head melts and i get burnt within 10 mins.

Caporegime
I said I wouldn't moan but why did Boris and his cronies think buses without windows would be a good idea. Im reading old articles where TfL say "but there are air conditioning units on board". A germ farting would create more cool air than this current Roastmaster. The icing on top? TfL burying their heads in the sand for years and only acknowledge and fix the problem 4 years later, at a cost of millions. Idiots. Rant over. Now back to the glorious sunshine (off the bus).

Soldato
Saw the forecast for this week on Sunday so I put a days holiday in today to take advantage. It's crazy hot. Took a drive to shops to buy myself a case of corona, a sun lounger and some suncream. IAfternoon in the garden with kindle in hand for me!

Man of Honour
I said I wouldn't moan but why did Boris and his cronies think buses without windows would be a good idea. Im reading old articles where TfL say "but there are air conditioning units on board". A germ farting would create more cool air than this current Roastmaster. The icing on top? TfL burying their heads in the sand for years and only acknowledge and fix the problem 4 years later, at a cost of millions. Idiots. Rant over. Now back to the glorious sunshine (off the bus).

It's ok though the TfL offices are apparently very well serviced in terms of air con.

Back
Top Bottom