It's too hot :(

Caporegime
Haven’t you got a hose with a nice big spray head?
Really doesn't help in this weather. You can only superficially water with a spray gun, and it will evaporate pretty quick. With a watering can you can drench each pot, but it would take all day...

It's just down to time and the sheer number of pots we have with plants in them.

Ultimately this spell of hot, dry weather is pretty unheard of down here. It's not a problem we face in "normal" years. We're having to prioritise the plants we want to save and it's sad when I noticed something died I didn't get time to water.

As said, well over a month without a proper spot of rain. And it's been 25C every day.

Some people might like that but I sure don't.

Soldato
Really doesn't help in this weather. You can only superficially water with a spray gun, and it will evaporate pretty quick. With a watering can you can drench each pot, but it would take all day...

It's just down to time and the sheer number of pots we have with plants in them.

Ultimately this spell of hot, dry weather is pretty unheard of down here. It's not a problem we face in "normal" years. We're having to prioritise the plants we want to save and it's sad when I noticed something died I didn't get time to water.

As said, well over a month without a proper spot of rain. And it's been 25C every day.

Some people might like that but I sure don't.

i do the upside down old milk container trick in some of my pots (edit well my ex does this) ,the established stuff is doing fine but my new stuff i use a watering can ,where my hose pipe wont reach

Soldato

How many pots do you have then? :confused:

It won't take long to go around them with a hose on drench mode to drench them all, then do them again.

Do them first thing in the morning and last thing at night if they need it.

Caporegime
Several hundred.

Seeing as these heat waves appear to happen every year now, you could look into investing proper watering solutions.

Such as a long pipe situated above or in the pots of the plants, they'll then get properly watered and not sprayed.

Failing that, setup a schedule throughout the evenings, won't take too long over a couple of days

Caporegime
Seeing as these heat waves appear to happen every year now, you could look into investing proper watering solutions.
Yeah that's going to have to be seriously considered.

They did say not so long ago that the south of the UK might end up with a Spanish climate. Obviously it would be an over-reaction to say that now, but it doesn't look so very far-fetched...

For the record I'm not growing weed. Just lots and lots and lots of poppies ;)

Soldato
So do you think no sunscreen and just go out for half an hour a day for the next few days?
You'll know your skin best, if you're not sure just put in some factor 10 or something.

I don't use any at all in the UK and only for the first few days when I'm somewhere abroad with even stronger sun

Back
Top Bottom