It's too hot :(

Soldato
I’m still sat on the garden sofa with a gin (Roku and fever tree passion fruit & lime tonic would highly recommend it if any ones enjoys a G & T) I love the heat as long as I’m not working and can enjoy.

Will be in the office again tomorrow to enjoy the A/C there. Home office is too floor with the sun on it all day. Way too warm to be working in.

Soldato
It's currently 27.6 in my house at the moment and with a fan blowing on me its passable.

Sidenote while speaking to my father today on the phone he was commenting he's being plagued by "smother flies" and i remember these from when i was i growing up in lincolnshire but i've never seen them in Nottingham. I tried googling the proper name as im sure this is some lincolnshire weird name for them but cant find any results.
They are like small black flies shaped like a rice grain, but about 1mm long maximum with no visable wings and tiny tiny legs. They swarm in hot weather and crawl everywhere. They used to plague me when i lived at home on hot days and they make you itch to the point you have to shower them off.

If anyone knows what the hell they are or provide a pic it would be helpful

Soldato
It's currently 27.6 in my house at the moment and with a fan blowing on me its passable.

Sidenote while speaking to my father today on the phone he was commenting he's being plagued by "smother flies" and i remember these from when i was i growing up in lincolnshire but i've never seen them in Nottingham. I tried googling the proper name as im sure this is some lincolnshire weird name for them but cant find any results.
They are like small black flies shaped like a rice grain, but about 1mm long maximum with no visable wings and tiny tiny legs. They swarm in hot weather and crawl everywhere. They used to plague me when i lived at home on hot days and they make you itch to the point you have to shower them off.

A quick google shows fungus gnats, and they are everywhere (I live in notts but by river Trent so that may be why?)

Soldato

Thunderflies.....teeny weeny

Soldato
Still 25.5 in my living room. Through this weather I only keep the windows open for a couple of hours in the morning, then close them and the blinds through the hot part of the day. Windows get opened again once the sun is down. Seems to stop it getting crazy hot but still hot enough!
Definitely cooler in here today following this strategy, despite it being hotter overall. I've also had the aircon out though tbf so that has perhaps taken the edge off.

I also tinfoiled my daughters windows to stop 5G the heat

Soldato

Called thrips. Careful, they get in your monitor screens

Soldato
Nice early morning but noticeable lack of dew compared to last few days
My Banana plant by greenhouse is loving it £17 not too long ago and 7 pups already

IMG20220712063731.jpg

Man of Honour
Such a cloudy start, and somehow it feels worse. Horribly muggy. Glad it’s a shorter gym session this morning, it’s draining. Weird weather.

Saturday through Tuesday looking a tad crazy. The weather warning is on the wrong day currently :p

Edit: it’s just been extended to Monday :)

I have an outdoor black tie event end of this month. I hope it cools by then, I’ll melt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom