It's too hot :(

Associate
Tends to be what we get in the Uk, a day of stunning weather followed by utter crap. Imagine if we had 2-3 solid summer months of decent weather. I’m sure we used to…
Yes we did, normally around the school summer holiday( so the harvest could be brought in). I’ve seen it films and also heard it from my mum and dad.

Soldato
It's fine for doing low intensity stuff (walking) or stuff in the water. But anything super physical and it's a bit too hot.
Hah had to spend the afternoon digging over the beds in the greenhouse beans need to be planted! Now that was hot.

23c here with occasional breezes. Gardening done. Been to the coast at Heysham for a walk and got some beer and lemonade in. I'm in for a cold shandy before the rain starts. I love that weird tiredness you get from sea air.
23c here too thats the warmest its been all year. Shorts are officially out!

Last edited:
Associate
Hah had to spend the afternoon digging over the beds in the greenhouse beans need to be planted! Now that was hot.

23c here too thats the warmest its been all year. Shorts are officially out!
Yes I've located the shorts( doesn't really help) and I am now going to trim the beard down and the rest of what goes for hair on my head

Soldato
Forecast some thunder in derby but i'm not hopeful.

Also, our house gets really hot during this 24c+ heat so I opened up our loft hatch . Works wonders. loads of heat going into the loft. landing nice and cool and a fan or two in bedrooms blowing warm air into the landing for it to go into loft. Keeping the house reasonable.

Associate
Forecast some thunder in derby but i'm not hopeful.

Also, our house gets really hot during this 24c+ heat so I opened up our loft hatch . Works wonders. loads of heat going into the loft. landing nice and cool and a fan or two in bedrooms blowing warm air into the landing for it to go into loft. Keeping the house reasonable.
Never thought of that approach

Soldato
Feels like a storm or even a light drizzle is needed but probably wont get one until July when its 35C or something.

Mornings are starting to lose their freshness now.

Wonder if my area will manage to reach drought conditions in May.

Last edited:
Associate
Feels like a storm or even a light drizzle is needed but probably wont get one until July when its 35C or something.

Mornings are starting to lose their freshness now.

Wonder if my area will manage to reach drought conditions in May.
Just like us Brits, after a few days of no rain we are wishing for it.

Back
Top Bottom