It's too hot :(

Associate
Soldato
I thought last year's summer was awful and rainy too.

It didn't start to get decent until September/October.
Yeah, July and August '23 were wet in Hampshire too, from what little I can remember of it.

On the plus side, it made me less miserable about being limited to 30mins of daily exercise all through last summer, giving me no chance to reach any of the South Downs hills.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well that was not nice today, when visibility went from a 20km to 250m on the water and temps dropped a few °c as an angry weather storm raced overhead.

You can really appreciate how people get into difficulties on the water, when that happens :(

Soldato
June last year, or at least part of it, was an extreme heatwave. Not quite up to the silly season temps of July '22, but insane nonetheless.

I thought last year's summer was awful and rainy too.

It didn't start to get decent until September/October.

Yeah, North London was not good in June. I remember getting to August and being really annoyed that we'd not had a summer and now the weather would be getting worse. I think we did get a little nice weather late Aug or into September perhaps.

Soldato
Yesterday, it absolutely tipped it down when I finished at 3pm. Everyone was sheltering under shop eaves - even those wearing coats.

I walked through this downpour to get to the car to go home.

There are some wimps when it rains. Its only water and we are not made of sugar.

Caporegime
One of the worst years for awful grim weather, even if summer is going to be a hot one. From Jan and throughout May this has been just dire! One of the reasons I get angry at people saying, it's been a warm one.

Caporegime
Apparently cutting shipping emissions has caused excessive heat, so doing what was asked by climate activists back fired quite a bit...
good news for air quality though.

I'm not convinced climate change is man made or can be controlled by man.
but cleaner air I'm all for, as long as it's not the little person taking on the burden.

Back
Top Bottom