It's too hot :(

Soldato
Exactly! It's a very strange arguement. :D

I never stopped. Can't imagine how deficient our darker skinned folk are going to be as they're largely deficient with a good summer.

Sources of vitamin d
Cod liver oil
Salmon
Swordfish
Tuna fish
Orange juice fortified with vitamin D
Dairy and plant milks fortified with vitamin D
Sardines
Beef liver
Egg yolk
Fortified cereals

Associate
Sources of vitamin d
Cod liver oil
Salmon
Swordfish
Tuna fish
Orange juice fortified with vitamin D
Dairy and plant milks fortified with vitamin D
Sardines
Beef liver
Egg yolk
Fortified cereals

It's extremely difficult to gain vitamin d via food intake and also very expensive. The most efficient way, by far, is via the sun.

I take 1000ui daily and it just about keeps me good through winter. Tablet form also isn't ideal for letting your vitamin d up but it's better than nothing.

Associate
I'm seeing this mindset a lot this year and I'm struggling to understand it. We barely ever get temperatures above 30c in the UK, and it hasn't gone 30c once this year where I am.

I'll be perfectly happy with our typical weather and temperatures, but it simply hasn't shown up. :(

I think it tends to be a few degrees hotter where I am. Hasn't happened this year, but at least once a year I'm sure we've seen 30-32c during heatwaves.

Soldato
3rd August - just started the second month of Autumn here now. July 1st was the first day of "mild Autumn" so this year we've a 5 month Autumn season :/

Side note. It rained every single day in july, so far it has also rained every day in August too....34 days in a row of rain in Belfast

Associate
I think it tends to be a few degrees hotter where I am. Hasn't happened this year, but at least once a year I'm sure we've seen 30-32c during heatwaves.

Happens once every few years here. But even then it typically only lasts 2-3 days before the temperatures fall off to where they normally are.

Associate
Tell that to my haematologist who looks after my leukaemia. He wasn't very happy about my vitamin d levels. :D

Vitamin d deficiency can be extremely harmful and shouldn't be ignored, even in otherwise healthy people.
My mother is a surviving AML patient post transplant. She has to be extremely careful with her skin due to GVHD etc. You ain't kidding. I tend to shy away from the sun anyways as I originally come from the north and most of us are like Barrow-wights up there anyways. :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Still seems to be erring towards warmer and drier mid August though not quite as dry as it was. I think we'll probably see a scattering of sunny days in there at the least.

Back
Top Bottom