iTunes and OSX is not making me a happy man

Man of Honour
seems a lot of money wasted tho to get a macbook pro to run windows could have just got a vostro or summit. Yes like i said you ipod will only work with either windows or mac not both silly but how it is, I dont like safari its too unsupported many sites i go on wont work correct but fire fox for mac is perfect works a treat.

Soldato
The other problem is with my iPod and it seems it needs to be format in OSX which i'm not going to do because its linked to my main PC at home

No.

Windows formatted iTunes can be read and written to by OS X and Windows, you can't update the firmware of a Windows formatted iPod on OS X.

Mac formatted iPods can only be read and written to on OS X.

All you need to do is run Senuti, get all your music off your iPod, and on to iTunes, then you can do what you want with them.

You can't do what you want to do without third party software or a lot of hassle in windows.

You're just being stubborn because of your habits in windows, if you hate Safari so much in OS X, use Firefox.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No.

Windows formatted iTunes can be read and written to by OS X and Windows, you can't update the firmware of a Windows formatted iPod on OS X.

Mac formatted iPods can only be read and written to on OS X.

All you need to do is run Senuti, get all your music off your iPod, and on to iTunes, then you can do what you want with them.

You can't do what you want to do without third party software or a lot of hassle in windows.

You're just being stubborn because of your habits in windows, if you hate Safari so much in OS X, use Firefox.

Yeh I understand what you have said and have tried Senuti and it works fine, so thanks for the info. I'm not being stubborn with OSX and it does not matter if I use Safari or firefox it looks blurred and this is because of OSX and the way it is coded, I dont have a problem with the way safari runs but do have a problem with the way it looks. ;)

Soldato
the above post has solved all the problems you have have mentioned with osx, i have recently converted with a mbp and am loving the simplicity of it and the fact it has only be turned off twice since having it and it still feels fresh unlike windows.

by blurred do you mean the font is looking blurred ?

Soldato
OP
the above post has solved all the problems you have have mentioned with osx, i have recently converted with a mbp and am loving the simplicity of it and the fact it has only be turned off twice since having it and it still feels fresh unlike windows.

by blurred do you mean the font is looking blurred ?

Yes it looks blurred and yes I have tried diffrent settings, some people love it that way and dont mind it but i hate it. I dont want to turn this into a Vista V's OSX thread as I said before I like using both but prefer Vista at the moment but this might change in time, I like to keep a open mind about thing :D

Soldato
It is not blurred!

It's anti-aliased! I bet you whine about jaggies in games, yet you like jaggies in fonts making them look crap?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Your issues are down to "user ignorance" more than anything ;)

You've never been able to get music off the iPod without using hacks/3rd party software.

As for the "blurred" fonts.. that's the way they're meant to look. Windows renders them wrong.

Soldato
OP
Your issues are down to "user ignorance" more than anything ;)

You've never been able to get music off the iPod without using hacks/3rd party software.

As for the "blurred" fonts.. that's the way they're meant to look. Windows renders them wrong.

I understand that windows renders them wrong but i prefer it ;) own personal choice I guess. As for the iPod issue it all ok now i have the info.

Caporegime
Vista enables ClearType by default. With regards to font rendering differences, I believe the Windows way is to render them to look best on-screen, and the Mac way is to render them the closest to how they will look when printed.

Associate
picture1qq0.png

system pref > appearance

might help

Soldato
OP
picture1qq0.png

system pref > appearance

might help

Thanks for the info but have tried that a few times but it seems to not make much difference. Like caged says it just the way OSX renders it.

I will continue to use OSX and stick with it, I was just so angry when I wrote this thread with iTunes that it continued into osx and anything else that didn't work that day. :D

I need therapy after my iTunes shenanigans

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Correct. Why on Earth did he spend all that money on a Mac + iPod to just bitch about how it is all "wrong" and to put Windows on it. :rolleyes:

I got my MBP cheap and the ipod is for use in the car with my head unit. As far as Windows/Vista goes I don't have a problem with it as much as you dont have a problem with OSX ;) personal choice once again

Back
Top Bottom