1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Itunes on another hard drive

Discussion in 'Apple Software' started by dannyjo22, Dec 23, 2012.

1. dannyjo22

Caporegime

Using windows:

I have all my music on my F drive. I imported all that music when I set up itunes. Every now and then when I added a cd to itunes I forgot to link it to my F drive.

So I have been installing media to my ssd which I don't want to fill with music. I've now set itunes to rip cd's into my f drive but how do I move the ones I have already done?

Even though I clicked copy files over they are not on my f drive. So If I delete the music folder from my c drive the links no longer work.

Any ideas how I fix this without starting again with the files I mistakenly ripped to the C drive?

:)

2. ethansamuel17

Associate

3. dannyjo22

Caporegime

Thanks for that, like a numpty my problem was not being able to find File and organise library. I had to unhide the menu bar, doh!

Thanks again :)

4. dannyjo22

Caporegime

Right tried it and consolidated the files which transfers over to my f drive From c drive. When I look though lots of my apps are missing from mobile data in comparison to the file still on my c drive.

One of those apps is avhd player. So I'm reluctant to delete the iTunes folder in case I lose this program as its been removed from iTunes.

I'm half tempted to wipe iTunes and start again but would i lose these apps?

5. Alpherah

Sgarrista

I've not used avhd player so not sure but - if you downloaded them via an iPhone or iPad, you can just re-download them via your purchased section (in app store) and it should re-sync to the new itunes lib when you connect the device.

Worth a try, just back up the old files incase.

6. dannyjo22

Caporegime

Cheers, when you back up itunes to another drive before wiping etc I take it the folder you back up is the itunes media file and mobile applications?