iTunes

Don
So, Apple have announced they’re finishing iTunes soon. I’m one of the very few who actually really likes using this software and have done for nearly a decade now.
I have around 70gb worth of music, hundreds of playlists created from holidays, road trips, special events etc that I often replay. I also am really anal about play counts and the auto generated play lists created from that.
I have tried Spotify and it doesn’t give me the control iTunes does.

Is there going to be something similar released? How will people sync their apple devices? Should I not be worrying?! :D

Cheers,

Soldato
So, Apple have announced they’re finishing iTunes soon. I’m one of the very few who actually really likes using this software and have done for nearly a decade now.
I have around 70gb worth of music, hundreds of playlists created from holidays, road trips, special events etc that I often replay. I also am really anal about play counts and the auto generated play lists created from that.

Is there going to be something similar released? How will people sync their apple devices? Should I not be worrying?! :D

Cheers,

It’s going to be replaced by standalone Apple Music, podcast, video and store apps.

Soldato

Cheers,

Like your photo question a year or so ago rightly or wrongly you are going against the grain. What control is it you feel you are losing when using Spotify?

Commissario
I’m one of the very few who actually really likes using this software and have done for nearly a decade now.
I'm quite happy with iTunes. I've got over 800Gb of films, nearly 2Tb of TV shows and a couple of hundred Gb of music in iTunes so whatever it's replaced with needs to be able to handle these. I would hope that iTunes will continue for music which is the core but the individual components will be split out into their own applications.

It's WWDC this week, I expect we'll hear more in the keynote tomorrow.

Don
OP
I'm quite happy with iTunes. I've got over 800Gb of films, nearly 2Tb of TV shows and a couple of hundred Gb of music in iTunes so whatever it's replaced with needs to be able to handle these. I would hope that iTunes will continue for music which is the core but the individual components will be split out into their own applications.

It's WWDC this week, I expect we'll hear more in the keynote tomorrow.

Still remains unclear although reading about it, it does sound like the whole managing your music library will disappear.

Caporegime
iTunes will live on for Windows users, how often it gets updated is another question...

I can't see many people on Windows using the bloatware now. It never was any good on Windows. In the end, I just gave up as a lot of my Apple music that I paid monies for just got lost as Apple lost the licence to host it in the cloud (that's what support told me) so now I just use Spotify.

Associate
Ive got a bit of an odd setup in that PC + Itunes, playing on a samsung galaxy s5 neo. For a variety of reasons i was looking to buy a new iphone this year when the next bunch are released, although now i hear itunes is going. Does anyone know / care to guess whether i would still be able to link a new non itunes iphone to my pc and sync my music from pc itunes to iphone imusic

Back
Top Bottom