• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I've got £700

Associate
my mistake on may I mean 'Mid' I read it was Mid-2018 is now probably the most realistic release date for the consumer version of the Volta GPU

Man of Honour
There is no reasonable price he will have to wait along time, and what with the new GTX cards coming in may 2018 it would push up the other GTX cards higher

The mining craze is going to fall flat on its backside and when it does prices will tumble.

The only question is when, will it be tomorrow, next week or in a couple of months but it is going to happen.

The one thing that will guarantee this is at some point hardware manufacturers will start selling silicon systems that make GPUs look total garbage for mining.

Associate
The mining craze is going to fall flat on its backside and when it does prices will tumble.

The only question is when, will it be tomorrow, next week or in a couple of months but it is going to happen.

The one thing that will guarantee this is at some point hardware manufacturers will start selling silicon systems that make GPUs look total garbage for mining.

The problem is hardware changes every two years not everyone have cash like this to throw away on a new system today, I think NVidia should cut the price, but that wouldn't pay for CEO Jensen Huang wages let alone the shareholders, someone has to pay and it won't be NVidia for sure,

Last year the Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 TI Xtreme Edition 11gb was £788.00 or £801.00 it's not a year old yet but this year for some strange reason it's now £1,066.00 At the moment a mega - mega High price for no reason and most retails are out of stock on this item, so some are holding back just for the price hike and Gigabyte is not releasing anymore 1080 TI any soon that would explain for the price hike & the New GTX's coming this year 2018! IMHO.

Last year this card was restock in most online retails within just 3 weeks now it's hard to find one?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The problem is hardware changes every two years not everyone have cash like this to throw away on a new system today, I think NVidia should cut the price, but that wouldn't pay for CEO Jensen Huang wages let alone the shareholders, someone has to pay and it won't be NVidia for sure,

Last year the Gigabyte AORUS GTX 1080 TI Xtreme Edition 11gb was £788.00 or £801.00 it's not a year old yet but this year for some strange reason it's now £1,066.00 At the moment a mega - mega High price for no reason and most retails are out of stock on this item, so some are holding back just for the price hike and Gigabyte is not releasing anymore 1080 TI any soon that would explain for the price hike & the New GTX's coming this year 2018! IMHO.

Last year this card was restock in most online retails within just 3 weeks now it's hard to find one?

To be fair to NVidia, they are probably the only hardware vendor who has either kept their prices the same or even cut them.

You can get a SW Titan Xp for £999 which makes some of the prices from AIB partners a total joke for a 1080 Ti.

Associate
Gigabyte
GTX 1080 G1 £689.99 out of stock
GTX 1080 £697.00 in stock
GTX 1080 TI, AIO Xtreme Edition £1,199.00 out of stock
GTX 1080 TI, Waterforce Xtreme Edition £1,99.99 out of stock
GTX 1080 TI Xtreme Edition £1,49.99 out of stock
GTX 1080 TI Turbo OC £929.99 out of stock
Nvidia TITAN Xp from £1,881.00 Currently unavailable.
NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Jedi Order collectors edition from £1,499.99 Currently unavailable.

From NVidia store
TITAN Xp Star Wars Jedi Order collectors edition £999.00 out of stock
TITAN Xp Star Wars Galactic Empire collectors edition £999.00 out of stock

I check most online retails they keep changing the dates some say are waiting for stock but most are out of stock or Currently unavailable as I said that would explain for the price hike.

Last edited:
Soldato
For me the stock says something. I don't think it's just the miners, as they'd have ramped up production for demand. I believe, purely speculatively, that we're going to see an NV release soon.

I also think the second hand market will be flooded with cheap, knackered cards.

Soldato
PS4 PRO + uncharted 4 + the last of us remastered + dragon ball fighter Z + Gran turismo + Yakuza 0 + Persona 5 + Horizon zero dawn + gravity rush 2 + monster hunter world + god of war ( i don't know if it's out yet )
much better value imo ( if you have a working gpu ), and that's a whole year worth of gaming.
At a totally unplayable 12fps.

Man of Honour
Because they're keeping margins high whether they sell to AIB partners or direct to the consumer. They're laughing.

My wallet is not.

I would be very surprised if they have increased their prices to AIB partners.

There is a very well known AIB partner who is well known for their warranty when water cooling who sell the FE 1080 Ti for £140 more than NVidia, the AIB vendor is having a laugh.

Associate
For me the stock says something. I don't think it's just the miners, as they'd have ramped up production for demand. I believe, purely speculatively, that we're going to see an NV release soon.

I also think the second hand market will be flooded with cheap, knackered cards.

NV new cards
We hopefully won’t have to wait very long until we know for sure, as GTC 2018 is due to take place on March 26.
linkhttps://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/26/nvidia-ampere-graphics-cards-release-date-rumour/

The Great Graphics Card Shortage Of 2018
https://www.polygon.com/2018/2/8/16...ply-production-shortage-cryptocurrency-mining

Last edited:
Associate
Imho if you need a GPU now buy a 2nd hand 980Ti in order to wait out the price inflation, that will see you through 1440p gaming and some 4k as well. Only a 1080Ti or above is worth considering beyond a 980Ti and the price you pay is simply not worth it for most people.

Gamers need the supply channels to fill up again.

Associate
I going to wait for the TITAN Xp Star Wars Jedi Order collectors edition when it comes back in stock or New GTX, Amazon already refund me my Aorus 1080 TI card.

Back
Top Bottom