January Transfer Rumours

Soldato
Naan_H said:
Murphy has put in come class performances this season, even got player of the month award once if i remember correctly. He is underrated IMO, a good signing for spurs.

Maybe, but the emphasis here is on need.

Man of Honour
Indeed. He was fantastic at the start of the season, dominating matches with ease. His long range passing in particular was better than anything I've seen this season from the likes of Gerrard. I was astounded when he was overlooked for the England squad at that time (when you consider some of the names included).

A fee "rising to £2m" sounds like a fantastic deal for Spurs.

Permabanned
Burned_Alive said:
If it was £12m plus Cisse im very suprised Spurs turned it down, not sure how else it would work.

going by his previous dealings,Rafa wouldn't have offered 12m + Cisse or anything close,i bet he was trying them for a straight swap :eek:

and 'up to' 2m for Murphy is a fantastic deal for Spurs,but i can't see what they need him for.He must have been on a hefty wage at Charlton for them to let him go for that little.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dtab said:
going by his previous dealings,Rafa wouldn't have offered 12m + Cisse or anything close,i bet he was trying them for a straight swap :eek:

and 'up to' 2m for Murphy is a fantastic deal for Spurs,but i can't see what they need him for.He must have been on a hefty wage at Charlton for them to let him go for that little.

Just reading further, it was a deal worth £12m for cash + at least one player, presumeably Cisse and/or Morientes.

Soldato
£2m for Murphy is a steal.

I remember seeing him at the Alex. A combination of him & Smith earned the Alex their first promotion to the 1st division (Championship).
Good player. I rate him highly.

Soldato
Dynamo Kiev defender Goran Gavrancic has emerged as a target for Milan, although other clubs are trailing the Serbia & Montenegro international.

The 27-year-old is part of the so-called 'famous five' of Serbia's defence, which performed so admirably during their World Cup qualifying campaign.

Milan are keen to iron out a deal worth around €4 million (£2.73 million) to Kiev in a bid to fend off competition from the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham and Arsenal, according to the Italian media.

The powerful 27-year-old has been a big hit in Ukraine and has been recommended by Rossoneri striker Andrei Shevchenko.

Kiev are likely to fight to hang onto Gavrancic, at least until the end of the season.

Anyone heard anything about him?

Soldato
Murphy is a good player, I'm not doubting that. What I was thinking was do Spurs need another Midfielder? They manamged to get rid of a few of them, and then they bring in another one. It hardly fits with their youth policy either.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
Murphy is a good player, I'm not doubting that. What I was thinking was do Spurs need another Midfielder? They manamged to get rid of a few of them, and then they bring in another one. It hardly fits with their youth policy either.

I think they're realising that they really struggle without Davids so another experienced creative midfielder won't do us any harm. Besides, we've gotten rid of 4 midfielders who all played in the first team, buying one player to replace them all is fair enough.

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
It was more likely £12m and Pongolle, before he went to Blackburn.

It was indeed a straight swap for Cisse, with Liverpool valuing him at £12m. Although this was turned down and even if it had been accepted, it could've been turned down by Cisse. United were also interested but Defoe preferred a move to Liverpool, apparently he would be a Liverpool player if we'd have offered cash.

Back
Top Bottom