January Transfer Thread 2018/19

Don
I'm not sure any of the top sides are going to do any business but with the window about to open and the rumours about to pick up, I thought it was best to get this open.

Caporegime
Aaron Ramsey wanted by two or three clubs as he can still play in Champions League. Other than that I really can’t see any of the bigger clubs buying. There’s just no value in January.

Soldato
Aaron Ramsey wanted by two or three clubs as he can still play in Champions League. Other than that I really can’t see any of the bigger clubs buying. There’s just no value in January.
I think Ramsey will have a ton of options, I'm very surprised arsenal willing to let him go especially after at one point he was happy to stay

Soldato
Ramsey isn't worth what he wants I guess.

Not sure we need anyone at Liverpool but if a couple go out then I'd like to see a forward come in as cover for that front three.

Caporegime
I think Ramsey will have a ton of options, I'm very surprised arsenal willing to let him go especially after at one point he was happy to stay
Apparently he wanted what Ozil was getting. The strange thing is he’s still obviously well liked and respected at the club as he was captain yesterday.
Ramsey isn't worth what he wants I guess.

Not sure we need anyone at Liverpool but if a couple go out then I'd like to see a forward come in as cover for that front three.
I think we’re ok up front, Shaq can play there and we still have Origi and Solanke although he might be off to Palace. It’s at the back I’m worried. If Lovren or Big Virgil get injured were extremely short until Gomez comes back.

Soldato
Apparently he wanted what Ozil was getting. The strange thing is he’s still obviously well liked and respected at the club as he was captain yesterday.

I think we’re ok up front, Shaq can play there and we still have Origi and Solanke although he might be off to Palace. It’s at the back I’m worried. If Lovren or Big Virgil get injured were extremely short until Gomez comes back.
I'd take Ramsey for us tbh not on silly wage mind but I think he would be good to replace Milner, not that I think Milner needs replacing but do wonder how many seasons he will keep going on for

Caporegime
I'd take Ramsey for us tbh not on silly wage mind but I think he would be good to replace Milner, not that I think Milner needs replacing but do wonder how many seasons he will keep going on for
Milner is a machine! He outdid all the younger players in the lactose tolerance test in pre-season. And then did another couple of laps of Melwood!

Soldato
Ramsey doesn't get in our 11...I'm not even sure he gets our bench when everyone's fit at the min tbh. He'll demand silly money and we'd be better off promoting a lad from youth.

Brewster should be fit soon so unless we get some major injury I can't see us doing anything.

Caporegime
Ramsey doesn't get in our 11...I'm not even sure he gets our bench when everyone's fit at the min tbh. He'll demand silly money and we'd be better off promoting a lad from youth.

Brewster should be fit soon so unless we get some major injury I can't see us doing anything.
Kent is playing well in Glasgow and Wilson is knocking in free kicks most weeks at Derby. The future at Liverpool is looking good. If we can keep them because their game time will be limited for a few years.

Soldato
CL rules have changed - so no player is cuptied any more

UEFA announced on Tuesday it had decided to remove the "cup-tied" rule from all European competitions. This means that, for the first time, a player could play for two different clubs in the group stage and the knockout rounds of the Champions League, or the Europa League, in the same season.27 Mar 2018

Caporegime
CL rules have changed - so no player is cuptied any more

UEFA announced on Tuesday it had decided to remove the "cup-tied" rule from all European competitions. This means that, for the first time, a player could play for two different clubs in the group stage and the knockout rounds of the Champions League, or the Europa League, in the same season.27 Mar 2018
That’s annoying. If that rule was in last season, we would have been able to play Aubameyang in the europa league.

Don
OP
Kent is playing well in Glasgow and Wilson is knocking in free kicks most weeks at Derby. The future at Liverpool is looking good. If we can keep them because their game time will be limited for a few years.
I'd be stunned if either made it at Liverpool. Kent's not nearly good enough but even with Wilson, we massively underestimate the step up from the reserves or loan spells at lower league sides to our first team, particularly given the strength of our attacking options. Wilson isn't that young either - he'll be 22 before the end of the season and Klopp's not even looked at him in our side in 3 years, which given Klopp's views on loaning out youngsters, makes me pretty sure he doesn't rate him. He'll make a good career for himself but I suspect it'll be after a £15-20m transfer to somebody else in the summer.

As for what deals, if any, we could do this window. Maybe if a long term target becomes available and there's no January tax to sign him then we might move now rather than wait for the summer but I can't see us signing anybody with the view the view that they'll make a difference between now and the end of the season. With Gomez and Matip due back within the next few weeks, we're not going to be desperately short at CB where we'd need to make a short-term signing and while we're probably still a creative midfielder short, Klopp won't throw players straight into our midfield so any new signing probably wouldn't feature much until next season anyway. The need for another creative/attacking mid might only be for a couple of months too - Klopp's confirmed that Ox is ahead of schedule in his recovery and providing there's no new issues, he could return to full training by the end of February. Obviously he'll need a good few weeks training to get up and running but even having him for the last 5-6 weeks of the season would be useful.

Caporegime
I'd be stunned if either made it at Liverpool. Kent's not nearly good enough but even with Wilson, we massively underestimate the step up from the reserves or loan spells at lower league sides to our first team, particularly given the strength of our attacking options. Wilson isn't that young either - he'll be 22 before the end of the season and Klopp's not even looked at him in our side in 3 years, which given Klopp's views on loaning out youngsters, makes me pretty sure he doesn't rate him. He'll make a good career for himself but I suspect it'll be after a £15-20m transfer to somebody else in the summer.

As for what deals, if any, we could do this window. Maybe if a long term target becomes available and there's no January tax to sign him then we might move now rather than wait for the summer but I can't see us signing anybody with the view the view that they'll make a difference between now and the end of the season. With Gomez and Matip due back within the next few weeks, we're not going to be desperately short at CB where we'd need to make a short-term signing and while we're probably still a creative midfielder short, Klopp won't throw players straight into our midfield so any new signing probably wouldn't feature much until next season anyway. The need for another creative/attacking mid might only be for a couple of months too - Klopp's confirmed that Ox is ahead of schedule in his recovery and providing there's no new issues, he could return to full training by the end of February. Obviously he'll need a good few weeks training to get up and running but even having him for the last 5-6 weeks of the season would be useful.
If Derby get promoted then I could see them offering us £15-20m for him.

Don
OP
If Derby get promoted then I could see them offering us £15-20m for him.
Yea and if not them there will be a Bournemouth (like with Ibe) or similar that'll pay it. He's a talented player and has a goal in him and even if he's not good enough to compete with Salah and Mane, he's good enough for a lot of PL sides.

Soldato
Pulisic to Chelsea then...not sure I get that one to be honest. Seems to have lost his place at Dortmund and his stats, although they don't always paint the true picture, are a bit..rubbish.

Caporegime
We might be forced to get some defensive cover due to our bloody injuries and generally crap defence.
I’d like us to buy some decent defenders but knowing our tight board, chances of that happening are next to zero.

But then jan is probably the worst time of the year to buy any players as their value will be stupidly high, even though they are rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom