January Transfer Thread 2018/19

Caporegime
That is mental money for Ramsey. He’s a £100k a week player max. I don’t even see where he gets in the team tbh. Look at what they have across that park, Matuidi, Pjanic, Bentancur, Ronaldo, Costa, Cuadrado, Dybala. He’s gonna be a £400k pw bench warmer within a month.

Soldato
Like has been mentioned it's clearly the cost of his contract over the 4 years. Arsenal are paying Ozil 300 plus and Aubameyang 200k a week...it's the going rate really.

I also think the figures are massively inflated to make Arsenal look better. The sources seem to be the Arsenal journos.

Soldato
yh looks like he is part of a big clear out of sorts
Problem I have with this is that Man Utd don't exactly have the best record of assimilating new signings into the side in the last 6 years - now admittedly it may be different with OGS but that isn't a given.

2 - It really isn't a headache Utd need this summer - difficult enough to get the other players we already need without adding to it (and its not like it would have to be a 3 or 4 year contract anyway - it was just too little too late from Utd/ board pov

3) This season he was being talked about as a prospective club captain - and it wouldn't have been a bad choice imo (admittedly only likely for a couple of seasons, but he would be a lot better than Young / Valencia in the last year or so).

Already have to replace Matic as a matter of urgency now to add Herrera to that as well ….and that's without thinking about the incoming headache of Pogba and DDG's contracts -admittedly the latter is far more important despite his glaring errors throughout this season , compared to his heroics over the last 6+ seasons they are insignificant how ever much they hurt right now).

One headache too much imo

Soldato
Frasser is a midfielder and an attacking one at that. Young is a full back. Not a fair comparison at all.

true but we need some who can cross the ball as many have pointed out young is hopeless and i agree with them

Problem I have with this is that Man Utd don't exactly have the best record of assimilating new signings into the side in the last 6 years - now admittedly it may be different with OGS but that isn't a given.

2 - It really isn't a headache Utd need this summer - difficult enough to get the other players we already need without adding to it (and its not like it would have to be a 3 or 4 year contract anyway - it was just too little too late from Utd/ board pov

3) This season he was being talked about as a prospective club captain - and it wouldn't have been a bad choice imo (admittedly only likely for a couple of seasons, but he would be a lot better than Young / Valencia in the last year or so).

Already have to replace Matic as a matter of urgency now to add Herrera to that as well ….and that's without thinking about the incoming headache of Pogba and DDG's contracts -admittedly the latter is far more important despite his glaring errors throughout this season , compared to his heroics over the last 6+ seasons they are insignificant how ever much they hurt right now).

One headache too much imo

thats the problem as @BaZ87 said we need a plan etc

Soldato
Diego Godín would improve our defence by miles and his contract is running out

https://www.football-espana.net/77660/filipe-luis-confirms-diego-godin-leaving-atletico-madrid
the player that used Utd last summer to get an ext / no thanks (from what Ive read Utd had a private plane waiting for him, only for him not to turn up last summer)

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole if Utd are only to get one ch this summer, too old (even for a ch) and have no idea if he would adapt well.

I would only want TA if he were the 2nd ch to arrive, he is a couple of years younger and knows the EPL well, but either one of these as the only signing in this area is just papering over the cracks even if promising kids come in as well.

Back
Top Bottom