Jeremy Clarkson presents Who Wants To Be A Millionaire

Associate
Quite enjoyed it tonight, the first one I’ve watched in this series. Clarkson was really taking the mick out of the contestants. He also wasn’t slowing the games down or saying a, b, c, d at the start of each option.

Only disappointment was that little hottie Sophie didn’t get a turn.

Commissario
The yoga woman who was on a £2000 question, What country do the Balearic Islands belong to? Had just 2 options Spain or Italy.... And her husband/boyfriend was a Catalan.
So much facepalm. One guy last night who was an Oxford student couldn't even answer what was the youngest name of the Scout group! So many lifelines being used on the first few questions, proper facepalm.

Associate
The yoga woman who was on a £2000 question, What country do the Balearic Islands belong to? Had just 2 options Spain or Italy.... And her husband/boyfriend was a Catalan.

Ah yes, I couldn't remember the specifics of that one. The one that really stuck in my mind was the slightly older lady who had the question for £32k, 'Who was the Foreign Secretary in 2016 before Boris Johnson took over'. All four options appeared and she immediately thought it wasn't Philip Hammond. Phones husband, he says Phil Hammond. She decides it's wrong and goes for William Hague. So long £15k, it was Hammond. :D

EDIT - Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it's pretty nerve wracking being on TV. Not sure I would perform 100% but I think I would manage the Qs up to £1,000.

Soldato
I'm pleased he's been given another run on this. Despite some sources saying how terrible it was, I thought it felt like a breath of fresh life into the show.

Caporegime
Massively grown on me this and Jeremy is surprisingly knowledgeable. Enjoyed that series.
As did I, apart from that one politics student contestant who looked like he had dropped his entire yearly student drug allowance right before the show. What a plonker.

Felt sorry for the guy on the last show. Wish I was his phone a friend, I’ve read Dracula about 10 times. Stupid audience.

Permabanned
I watched another country's show tonight and a guy did extremely well with 0 lifelines spent until the 8th (!) question. Which popped out to be "Which country is the origin of the movement "Slow cities", with possible answers being Germany, Italy, Denmark and Japan. The guy, who did extremely well till this point, asked the stupid audience and they gave 0% answers for Italy, and over 50% for Denmark.
The guy then used 50/50 and Italy and Germany remained - he chose Germany and failed.
Fell to the first amount, which for that country is the equivalent of 250€ :o

:mad:

Man of Honour
I found it boring and Clarkson in general is a prat imo. He needs to just do one and never be seen again

King sized bump here, but I kind of agree with your assessment of Clarkson, I picked him up at Paddington one day in my Black Cab, and he ridiculed both the vehicle and Black Cab drivers constantly.
I watched WWTBAM tonight, and a young guy was asked, “Where was LBJ sworn in after Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas in 1963?”
I knew that he was on Air Force One, but I wasn’t surprised that the young contestant didn’t know, but I was taken aback when Clarkson claimed to be unsure when the young guy asked him as the host.
Granted that at 60 he was only 3 y.o. when Kennedy was shot, but I was of the opinion that most reasonably well educated adults would have known the answer.

Back
Top Bottom