Jizzy's Log

Associate
OP
That was my main idea, but the real test will be once the rest of my parts come. As it was suitable with the corsair cooler, there should be no reason its not suitable for the custom loop. It saves me buying the stick on heat syncs that some people do with a universal gpu block.
It also saves me a load of money rather then buying 2 x full card blocks would have been £200-250.

Associate
OP
Small update, I finally have a date for the delivery of my missing parts. Tuesday.
So tomorrow I'll take everything apart, tidy up all wiring etc. getting bits out of the way for working on and clearance etc. I'll post some photos tomorrow.

Soldato
I used alphacool GPX block with Aluminium heatsink under Gigabyte and Asus 970 blower style units. Worked a treat. Could actually fill it with water and seal it off and fan would keep if cool when in idle :)

Associate
OP
Some more photos. You'll begin to see an emerging theme that I'm heading towards.

New cables:
WWdyYT3.jpg

Bits & bobs:
2yJxcs3.jpg

A before picture with glass side panel:
W5c0s1l.jpg

Without Panel:
SirXXYV.jpg
bpuV6vQ.jpg

My professional cable management:
LjjYQIF.jpg

In Progress:
lA1aioJ.jpg

Finished, sort of:
2CeXvvH.jpg

Thats all for now, I could have done more with the wires etc. but as most of it will be taken out again tomorrow, and many wires will be swapped or moved no point in spending too much time for a couple of days.

Associate
OP
Ok so finally an update, my parts finally came and I've build it, then took it apart again and built it again. For now I'll be posting this in stages when I get time, Stage 1.

The begining ... the missing parts finally here.
Dr1J0X7.jpg

One barebones case. Minimalistic look.
W3zTxpT.jpg

Let the mess begin. Front radiator & fans in.
0vvoJiQ.jpg

Top radiator now in. Testing position of res.
znE5Tyk.jpg
7nAxVSR.jpg
1RLdFh1.jpg

This showed my first not so major issue, the case has a built in square part on the shroud to allow the radiator to be mounted to the bottom of the case and come out, the trouble was, they did not seem to line up.
12IN1wW.jpg

I thought for now I'll move on and worry about that later, thought I should put the mobo power cables on and found issue no. 2. The clearance between the rad exits, the mobo VRM heatsync and the fans was small. Too small.
Q4ZUmMU.jpg
q3B8sqi.jpg
zLIqm0H.jpg
DbXmSi0.jpg

Associate
OP
Stage 2.

Found an old 120mm fan chrome cover, fitted and did the job, so ordered x3 from OCUK
Izhiq1d.jpg

Fitted first tube:
A2dCABA.jpg

Then came across my next issue, what I was planning to do was have a 90 degree coming off the CPU block opposite to the one used, but realised it wouldn't clear the RAM.
JTnOZgo.jpg
TAmQBjG.jpg

So went straight from CPU block to radiator with the tubing.
RgSSUlE.jpg
Black fan covers had arrived also.
1Ydfsg5.jpg

7JzBYha.jpg

Going to try and get the rest of this posted tonight as if I don't it probably won't happen for a while with CODMW coming out tomorrow.

Associate
OP
Stage 3.

Seems I missed on taking a few photos, but graphics card in, and pipe to it done. Res in and pipe to that too (looks wet cause I'd cleaned it before putting in.
XmG9rUt.jpg
DIAFjzj.jpg
meBveO0.jpg
KXS7tVh.jpg

Shroud test fit:
TLcVq6y.jpg

First filling:
i4zyzi7.jpg
g9nqipj.jpg
PyU2MgT.jpg

Final photos for now.
lAIxdZe.jpg
gRlDTTF.jpg
UAHUUFG.jpg

Associate
OP
So if you notice, I setup as a solo graphics card, however I actually had 2 near the start of my log. The other was still in use as a hybrid up till the build so I had to convert that too.
I'll stop typing now and just spam photos as i've already shown with the other card.

xowtPxG.jpg
5YA25lN.jpg
YoaQGd8.jpg
ePezWOh.jpg
M46jUGj.jpg
v9GN2dz.jpg
LLkAqDH.jpg
HhfoGwy.jpg
IZFYSvi.jpg
NeIVNos.jpg
jmzz7Aj.jpg
9sIVAAs.jpg
iGXwDvY.jpg
8iytTdW.jpg
SPF2uWj.jpg
q6T9HdC.jpg
PMIxS3V.jpg

Associate
OP
Here it is again with 1 1080ti, before adding the other.
KVWThMs.jpg

Now the pair together again:
baB0KGk.jpg
WnZ7dWV.jpg
qkJlpdy.jpg

And in they go.
SFSa1cM.jpg
fp2BDHQ.jpg

Lastly, my cable management ... well its better then it was.
vVHDliQ.jpg

Associate
OP
I will also update to say that I received the replacement upgrade H115i Pro RGB through corsair support about a week ago. My use of corsair customer support has been positive.
I now have a H115i to sell and re-coup some of the money from the watercooling parts.

Back
Top Bottom