John Wick 2

Thought it was pretty excellent to be honest.

Thing is though, how the hell did they film that mirror house scene!?

Glad it wasn't just me looking for cameras the whole time :)

One real annoyance for me was him holding his suit up to protect his face, kept reminding me of batfink. Skip to 8 seconds... :D

Saw it the other week and it was enjoyable. Not quite as good as the first but that maybe because the first was a shock to me. I was just browsing netflix one night and saw the film. Ohh K. Reeves I like him, so I pressed play and was like. OMG this is awesome. The way he fights/uses his guns is impressive. I have seen some YT footage on a range with Reeves and he is quite good. Over all a good film and considering I would give JW a steady 8.5 I would give this an 8. Very good but not quite as good s the first.

Watched this last night. Thought it was awesome! As good as first one imo. Perhaps only let down by the soundtrack (not as good as first) as no memorable tracks I didn't find. But in terms of action, hell yes. Guess I still prefer the night club sequence in the first one to anything from sequel though.

Watched this morning, for the most part improvements all over from the first, yes none of the set pieces surpass the club in JW1 but some were close. Not exactly sure how they could pull off a third with how it ended though.

Not sure why we needed Ruby Rose in this but I can't help but feel it was intentional making her mute as most people can't stand her speaking in her roles.

About Ruby Rose...

"Talk about biggest build up for a villain! That girl was giving it the big one the whole movie and she was dispatched in about 30 seconds. Couldnt help but laugh."

Last edited by a moderator:
About Ruby Rose...

"Talk about biggest build up for a villain! That girl was giving it the big one the whole movie and she was dispatched in about 30 seconds. Couldnt help but laugh."

I thought that was quite funny myself. Just kinda demonstrated how many leagues ahead Wick was compared to anyone else

Lol and I thought the first movie was over the top. This one is double the kills, double the gore. That said it was a really good film.
Worth a watch definitely.

I can see why people are griping about the suit, but then if you have hundreds of bullets coming your way, it would be far more unrealistic to have them all miss instead.
Ruby Rose was a completely redundant character and the onscreen writing was pointless. (not the sign language stuff) but it didn't ruin it.
The only part of the whole series you have to take with a pinch of salt is, that in reality snipers would work or a bomb or not running around the corner and exposing yourself to being shot.
You sadly have to just let that go otherwise the whole premise falls apart.

Last edited:
Watched this on Wednesday with a couple of friends. We were all a bit disappointed to be honest. I think the first was just so original in the way everything was choreographed, they just couldn't mimic the impact that you felt when you first saw him doing all the kung-fu, point blank headshots etc.

I disliked the fact all the "big" set pieces were done in environments where it was harder to see what was going on. The hall of mirrors did my nut and the tunnel just wasn't very exciting :o

Back
Top Bottom