John Wick- Chapter 3 - Parabellum (2019)

Soldato
Please be better than 2, please be better than 2, please be better than 2, please be better than 2, please be better than 2, please be better than 2, please be better than 2

While the second was great fun...it wasn't a patch on the first. There is a sort of heaviness/reality to the gunplay and action that feels totally lost in the second film. Ironic considering the extended weapons training he went through for the second.

Totally agree; the first film was much better.

Some way into the second film, it just felt as if enemies were being lined up for Wick to take down; every other person was an assassin ready to take him down. I totally lost interest in it, and to be honest, I couldn't wait for it to end..

Now with a huge bounty on his head and with assassins seemingly on every corner, it's going to be second half of the second film multiplied.

First was great; second was stretching it a little; third is likely one film too many.. at least in my opinion. :)

Caporegime
I don't get the hare for the second movie, I think they are both great.

The first wasn't at all realistic, so I don't buy this notion that the second one was too unrealistic.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Oh my, looking good (apart from berry.... yew cry cry, she just has that screen presence that makes everything crap) I also do not get the hate for the 2nd movie they are all fun :)

Soldato
i think i'm the only person that didn't like 2.
it was just too stupid and unrealistic for me whereas the first was 'relatively' believable.

nah not the only one, i couldn't take the fact that after the 1st film (which i loved) built him up so much , the 2nd one showed he'd made deal(s) (taking away some of the credit given to him in the 1st film) that ended up with him getting rid of someone without any subtlety.

i know he wasn't subtle in either movie but in this situation going all "rambo" was going to cause no end of trouble, and with all the credit given to him surely he could have done better and he gave no thought to what might happen to the poor dog :(, sure he was angry for what he had to do but he set himself up for it by making the deal to begin with.

Soldato
Yup! Saw the 10am at the local showcase today with a mate, loved every second. Ending is great too! One of the best films of the year for me, some amazing action sequences.

Back
Top Bottom