John Wick - Chapter 4

Associate
Although I wasn't a fan of JW4, I am a fan of Keanu, and he was on Scott Adkins' podcast recently (with a part 2 coming out soon). When he talks about something he's passionate about, he definitely comes out of his shell.

(released 25th Apr)

Associate
did they overdub Donnie Yen? Ive seen all his stuff and he's never sounded like that in anything. I just found it a little jarring. Anyway, good film, not the best, got a bit bored with it tbh.

Soldato
This was awful. He over plays the acting with the slow droll conversation.

There's a random bad boss guy at every scene and hundreds of willing cannon fodder where ever you look. Gets a bit boring when everyone seems in capable of setting of a scenario where they snipe him in the head from a distance.
Did I completely miss the point of the why Mr Nobody was even in the film? He was completely unnecessary.

Last two films have just been the same scene over and over and over again in various cool looking clubs or ancient looking buildings. Anyone who says that you have to turn your brain off to enjoy this is kidding themselves that they aren't just saying, you have to ignore how bad this film is to enjoy it.

He dies and in the process has taken about a thousand fairly innocent people with him, for what? Makes me feel sorry for the people who died during his huge pointless murderous rampage.

3.5/10

Last edited:
Soldato
Last two films have just been the same scene over and over and over again in various cool looking clubs or ancient looking buildings.

Thats where I am with the franchise too. Every now and again there's a slight twist which grabs my attention (dragons breath in the house in Berlin) but it's still the same long in the tooth concept of "3-5 masked bad guys rush JW at a time and he uses his 'invinco-armour-macguffin' to block their first attack whilst killing 1-2 leaving the remaining couple to be dispatched using martial arts/guns" and it's this exact scene with a different location being repeated time after time that is getting really strained for me.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats where I am with the franchise too. Every now and again there's a slight twist which grabs my attention (dragons breath in the house in Berlin) but it's still the same long in the tooth concept of "3-5 masked bad guys rush JW at a time and he uses his 'invinco-armour-macguffin' to block their first attack whilst killing 1-2 leaving the remaining couple to be dispatched using martial arts/guns" and it's this exact scene with a different location being repeated time after time that is getting really strained for me.
So basically like every other superhero movie - let's be honest JW is essentially a superhero franchise just without the capes :)

Back
Top Bottom