Jordan Henderson wins Football Writers' Association footballer of year award

Caporegime
OP
Jesus, it was just a throw away sarcastic comment about Fergie, I wasn't expecting a full in-depth analysis of his words or his book, more couple with the fact of how well we've done this year and with Hendo picking up the award and how central he has been in the success of Liverpool.

Caporegime
Jesus, it was just a throw away sarcastic comment about Fergie, I wasn't expecting a full in-depth analysis of his words or his book, more couple with the fact of how well we've done this year and with Hendo picking up the award and how central he has been in the success of Liverpool.

That's fair enough, it's just something I've seen a few people go after Fergie for when in reality he didn't say a great deal about the lad.

Man of Honour
Sorry but Phil Jones is notorious for being injury prone even in his Blackburn days.
Moving back on topic, personally I thought KDB was the best but it's nice to see a deeper lying player get the award.

Don
As I mentioned earlier in the thread, we have to remember that this is the writers award and they have slightly different criteria. People probably forget (Pep and his crying comments certainly did) that Sterling actually beat VVD to his award last season. Sterling's comments on racism ultimately won him the award last season and Henderson's work with the NHS fund, along with romantic story of a boy from Sunderland captaining the best side that's ever been (which your Henry Winters love), is what's tipped the balance his way this time.

Soldato
Don't think he was our best player this year and I thought De Bruyne had a better overall season but you can't deny the influence he has on our team or in the success we've had over the last few years so it's massively deserved. Not bad for a player that can't run :o

I'm hoping he wins the PFA award as well later if Mane doesn't win it.

I don't think you can underestimate the influence of truly great leaders.

Back in the day, Stuart Pearce was worth half a man extra when he got the crowd behind the team by urging for more and leading by example to do so.

Some of the real moments I remember were him, rain plastering his hair to his face, raging and encouraging the team and crowd after putting a right winger into the stands. More spine tingling than some of the great Collymore moments.

Back
Top Bottom