JSA experts

Associate
VeNT said:
doing less than 16 hours? you can still claim JSA
how did you get it back dated?

Was automatically back dated. For example the letter said 'Date of application: xx/xx/xx' and so I guess thats why it was back dated.

As for the 16 hours, thats a nice suprise and it seriously would come in handy although I have started considering a second job already - but I need the time to train.

Soldato
Lt. Manlove said:
Was automatically back dated. For example the letter said 'Date of application: xx/xx/xx' and so I guess thats why it was back dated.

As for the 16 hours, thats a nice suprise and it seriously would come in handy although I have started considering a second job already - but I need the time to train.

odd, I put my date for aplication on correctly and I didn't get back dated.
lame, too late to do anything now and tbh I can't be arsed, usedless load of buggers they where the whole time. only one of them did anything right and with any respect for MY time (ie only being able to get in when there are busses etc).

Soldato
My JSA came through pretty quickly when i applied for it after college. And i agree with the fact that its mainly spent on alcohol and ciggies.

In our jobcentre in stafford, i used to walk in and every time, it would be full of chavs and dole dossers giving the security guard a load of mouth, i was ashamed to be associated with the same group of people.

Luckily ive now been employed for 18 months and liking my job a lot - even though its not mega money (about 12k a year)

Soldato
James_N said:
My JSA came through pretty quickly when i applied for it after college. And i agree with the fact that its mainly spent on alcohol and ciggies.

In our jobcentre in stafford, i used to walk in and every time, it would be full of chavs and dole dossers giving the security guard a load of mouth, i was ashamed to be associated with the same group of people.

Luckily ive now been employed for 18 months and liking my job a lot - even though its not mega money (about 12k a year)

if your on 12k how much do you take home at the end of the day, post tax etc?

as I'm self employed I've never realy know how much that kinda pay equates to irl

Last edited:
Soldato
Takes a long time in my experience.

Had to sign on, because of national insurance contributions. Worked all last year.

Anyway, I made the initial phone call to the Job Center Plus thing. Filled out all the papers on the phone and they gave me an interview slot at my local Job Center. This was on Feb 16th.

Had my Interview 1st of March. Gave in the papers that the main office sent me thru the post. Everything thing looked to be sorting its self out. Looked to good to be true.

They messed about and messed about, processing the claim, as they said. Finally got word, that I would be signing on the 4th April, Tuesday. Would get paid on the Friday.

From the first phone call you make, filling out your forms and what not, you will get back paided from then.

£44.50 a week it was.

Stopped it now anyway. Sorted out my National Insurance. Off the rock and roll. I feel that if I cant get a job, why should I be on the doll.

Currently waiting on my apprenticeship anyway. 30th June the selection test is. I'l do some here and there jobs till then. Dont see the point of sitting around just claiming doll money, where as I can be actually getting out and getting a job. Anything to tie me over. I hate people who just cant be ***** doing anything...

Soldato
VeNT said:
if your on 12k how much do you take home at the end of the day, post tax etc?

enough. I dont hardly have any outgoings, so im quite happy at the min.

My job is only part time (20 hours) but i do a fair bit of overtime but i take home around £150-£200 a week most times. It varies madly.

Associate
iBot said:
Hello.

I made my claim, filled in my forms and returned them on friday now I have to go back on wednsday to job hunt etc.

Now, My job Centre is in another town. QUOTE]

My mate works at the DSS there closing any job centres that are close together hence them closing Gillingham JC in Kent and moved it all to one town Chatham ( the home of the chav )

and so on

Permabanned
OP
Mine was closed down because it was a tempory building built on contamnated land and all the workers got brain tumours/cancer.

Unfortunatly it's now an asda carpark and asda is one of the places i applied for :(

Still I hope they open one in my local town, it would be easier for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom