Jules Bianchi thread for updates and discussion

Caporegime
Depending on what the local laws are like, they could stop feeding him.

I think it was mentioned in a previous article that in France removing feeding tubes requires going to court, but I could be wrong and will gladly be corrected if so.

When I saw this thread had been bumped I hoped there was good news, but there is an overarching sense of inevitability at the moment which is really saddening :(

Man of Honour
Just been announced that Jules has died. :(

Taken from Jules' twitter feed.

A Statement from the Bianchi Family

Nice, France
Saturday 18 July 2015
02.45hrs France │ 01.45hrs UK

C’est avec... http://t.co/ukiXtNGqex

Here's a translation of the statement.

It is with great sadness that Jules Bianchi's parents, Philip and Christine, his brother Tom and his Melanie sister, wish to announce the death of Jules occurred last night at University Hospital Nice, France, where he had been admitted following his crash at the Suzuka circuit, at the Grand Japan Prize October 5, 2014.

"Jules fought to the end, as it has always done, but yesterday his battle ended," said the Bianchi family. "We feel, she says, a sentence immense and indescribable. We want to thank the medical staff at Nice University Hospital, who treated him with love and dedication.

"We also want to thank the staff of Mie General Medical Centre in Japan who took Jules care immediately after the accident, as well as all other physicians who involved in the fighting that has led over the past months.

"We also wish to thank the colleagues of Jules, his friends, his supporters and all those who he have demonstrated their affection during this period. They gave us the strength to resist in these terrible times. The listening, reading their numerous messages showed us how Jules had aroused such deep affection with so many people around the world.

"We ask that you respect our privacy during this very difficult time, during which we try to face the loss of Jules.

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
So sad ;( RIP Jules. A thoroughly thoroughly decent human being and a great guy. A brilliantly promising Formula 1 driver. I just feel an overpowering sense of sadness. Thoughts to Jules' family, fans and F1.

Soldato
Was sad to wake up to this news. Jules was one of the bottom of the grid drivers you always thought could do an Alonso and make it to the top. Let's hope that his death will encourage a safer sport. And I hope the family are given time alone to grieve for him.

Back
Top Bottom