Julian Assange cannot be extradited

Soldato
The US-UK extradition treaty is a travesty irrespective of the Assange Case and should have been ripped up years ago. Likewise the old EU Arrest Warrant was a disaster. Could we please sort this blinkin mess out and put inplace fair processes instead of poltical expediency.

Soldato
Not sure why the default shouldn't be if they are a forign criminal, they do their time and get shipped home. Assange isn't a British citizen so has no right to stay, nor do we have a right to hold him now that he has been released from prison.

He should go back to Aus and the US can deal with them. The UK should have washed their hands of it months ago.

Soldato
Not sure why the default shouldn't be if they are a forign criminal, they do their time and get shipped home. Assange isn't a British citizen so has no right to stay, nor do we have a right to hold him now that he has been released from prison.

He should go back to Aus and the US can deal with them. The UK should have washed their hands of it months ago.

The issue with the above is that he's not technically a criminal as he's not been convicted in a fair trail.

Soldato
I'ts more a human rights issue, If he gets extradited to the USA, he'll end up 'commiting suicide' via a double tap to the back of the head, with the guard mysteriously asleep and the CCTV mysteriously malfunctioniong at the same time.

Does the US have a recent history of political prisoners being murdered by gunshot while on remand/ in jail?

Given his general behaviour, he's more likely to have his head smashed with a weights bar in the gym by a fellow prisoner he's annoyed. I'd rate the chance of that far higher.

Soldato
Does the US have a recent history of political prisoners being murdered by gunshot while on remand/ in jail?

Given his general behaviour, he's more likely to have his head smashed with a weights bar in the gym by a fellow prisoner he's annoyed. I'd rate the chance of that far higher.

Maybe not by public excetution, but they (USA) do have form for politicaly significant prisoners 'expiring' unexpectedly before they are allowed to make a case in court, hahahah :D

Soldato
I sympathised with Wikileaks and Assange when they were just bringing illegal acts by governments to our attention. Once they got involved in politics and elections I couldn't care what happened to him. We should definitely boot him out and send him back to his country of nationality. He's cost tax payers enough.

Soldato
Maybe not by public excetution, but they (USA) do have form for politicaly significant prisoners 'expiring' unexpectedly before they are allowed to make a case in court, hahahah :D

They just have to put in in with general population. He's got a long history of annoying people, and you can't do that in there.

Soldato
In where?
Can we send the entire cabinet office along with him?
If the yanks want to send that woman who killed a young kid back to actually go to court in exchange I'll call that a fair deal.

Last edited:
Soldato
I sympathised with Wikileaks and Assange when they were just bringing illegal acts by governments to our attention. Once they got involved in politics and elections I couldn't care what happened to him. We should definitely boot him out and send him back to his country of nationality. He's cost tax payers enough.

They did more than just that though. They started leaking personal details of all the soldiers. Most having nothing to do with these events. Along with a load of other un-related stuff.

Then they started leaking loads of other documents from other countries. Snowden did his thing and went and hid in Russia, well he thinks he is. Really he is an emergency bargaining chip for Russia and he is naive if he doesn't realise it.

Soldato
In where?
Can we send the entire cabinet office along with him?
If the yanks want to send that woman who killed a young kid back to actually go to court in exchange I'll call that a fair deal.

In jail. I thought that was clear from the context of my post. Assange's biggest risk in jail is his habit of annoying everyone he meets.

The Cabinet Office? All 2,000 of them, including the admin assistants? A bit rough on the civil service, isn't it?

I agree Sacoolas should face charges in the UK, according to what I've seen reported.

Caporegime
They did more than just that though. They started leaking personal details of all the soldiers. Most having nothing to do with these events. Along with a load of other un-related stuff.

Then they started leaking loads of other documents from other countries. Snowden did his thing and went and hid in Russia, well he thinks he is. Really he is an emergency bargaining chip for Russia and he is naive if he doesn't realise it.

Snowden should be given The Presidential Medal of Freedom for his contributions, a true patriot compared to the other government employees.

Back
Top Bottom