Just any 3600MHz memory?

Soldato
no prime was not ok at picking up faults, dont think you saw those screenshots i posted. prime went for 3 days no errors. linpak picked up error in under 2 hours. if i had more ram in the system at that time linpack would have been even more quicker to error out.

Soldato
Ran testmem5 last night and system crashed at some point. Ran at 11:30pm ish and noticed the screen was on but blank black greyish wife not happy saying i left it on "all night". So its crashed some time before 6am i suspect a lot sooner since the screen had come on out of standby with a blank grey backlight.
Had to hit reset since there was no image on screen. I suspect memory controller couldn't handle it.
So 6am dropped ram speed to next notch down i think its 2733mhz and set testmem5 off again. Checked now and its been going for 4 hours and still going.
Good tool this testmem5 will deffo keep it in my arsenal.

Soldato
tm5result.jpg

looks like it takes 3 hours per cycle. it started the 3rd cycle but had to stop it since i need to use the machine.
will let it run for 72hours or so when i next dont need the machine. so dropping from 2800 to 2733 it is for me

Soldato
OP
It seems my OCUK order has been cancelled. I'm 19 minutes into my waiting call with customer service to find out why I received a refund but no communication from OCUK. I had ordered these when they were on offer - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/team...00c16-3600mhz-dual-channel-kit-my-002-8p.html

Rather than going 2 x 16GB, will these be just as good? Any thoughts or experience on the brand/model? Because I'm planning to run components stock and will only be using for 3D CAD and light gaming, I would imagine I probably wouldn't notice the difference.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £138.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Associate
prime i agree is not an actual cpu tester, digging around for my old screenshots and found them here:

over 73 hours prime stable no issues

same setup failed in under 1 hour and 15 mins of linpack. and thats with 3 gig ram allocation.

linpack with large ram allocation finds errors much faster since more ram means problem size is bigger so computations last for longer between iterations.
again these are not ram testers and cpu only. dedicated memory testing is to be done before i even boot the os.

The latest prime95 is version 30. LinX failed because its using AVX2 and prime95, ancient version 25.8, is SSE4.1 at best.

Associate
If you can get a 3600 2x16 kit overvolted to CL14 then that's the general sweet spot for performance. Prices on 4000+ 2x16 kits are ridiculous and theres never even any stock.

The newer 3600 2x16 ballistix kits no longer seem to be hitting 4000+ low latency overclocks since they've started binning those chips for Ballistix Max.

Try for a low cost 3600 CL16 kit and push the voltage for CL14.

In the case of 2x8 Gb kits Patriot Viper Samsung B dies are great if you are ok with 16 Gb, or want to try to use 4 sticks.

Back
Top Bottom