Just bought a new psu - No post, no display, no beeps and the cpu fan wont spin!

Associate
Hey there,

Just installed a new PSU into my system and after turning it on pc turns on fine... However the CPU spins a tiny bit, then stops for about 5 seconds and tries again and doesn't ever spin properly.... There's no display, it wont POST and there's no beeps xD i'm guessing there may be a dodgy connection somewhere but i've double checked and i cant find one =( any suggestions? xD

EDIT: Thanks Flare.... Yes my psu did blow up yesterday... so it's very possible some of the components are damaged =(

Last edited:
Associate
this happened to me yesterday, in the end i found out that it wasnt the PSU that had a loose connection one of my ram sticks apparently did so i reseated all the ram sticks and was on my way again. try taking all of them out and trying just 1 stick of ram

Associate
OP
this happened to me yesterday, in the end i found out that it wasnt the PSU that had a loose connection one of my ram sticks apparently did so i reseated all the ram sticks and was on my way again. try taking all of them out and trying just 1 stick of ram

Thanks for the advice... I managed to solve the whole fan not spinning etc. dilemma but now my pc wont even turn on =)

Soldato
Did you replace the existing PSU because you were having problems with the system?

I would re-check again all your connections (not just psu connections) - unplugging and reattaching each fitting as you do. It's very easy to overlook a connection...

I would also reseat the gfx card and memroy.

Check that the MB is securley fitted - if it is loose tighten all the fittings.

If this doesn't work you may want to consider running a skeleton setup - 1 stick of memory, gfx, cpu - and unplug all other components. (You may eventually have to do this outside of the case - as you may have a shorting problem.) If it boots up start adding components until it buckles.

If this doesn't yield any results i would test the PSU with a voltmeter - if you're unsure how to i'll search out a link when required.

Additional: Have you cleared the CMOS?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The problem was the cpu connection wasn't connected.... Now the pc just wont turn on i've tried reconnecting everything i know the PSU works i just have no idea why the pc wont turn on o.0

P.S i've reconnected everything and cleared the CMOS still nothing =(

Soldato
OK' i have just seen your edit - his PSU did blow.

I would jump straight to setting up a skeleton setup out of the case (set it up on some cardboard).

Try different sticks in different slots - and try to get hold of some compatible memory and gfx card for testing purposes.

Back
Top Bottom