Just fixed my PS3 Yellow light of death/PICS included

Soldato
ocukawardsm.gif

Grats.

Associate
lol i thought the pic of the toothpaste was there for a size reference....its only when i looked again after reading comments that i noticed the blue crap on the chip lol

Soldato
******* moron.............

What is it with some peoples reaction to this?!? I don't see him saying that is the best fix ever, just all he had at the time. Don't know how many people in this section of the forums have a tube of Artic Silver just laying around. Fair play on the improvisation is what I say. I wouldn't have had the bottle myself.

Associate
Why not just wait a day and do it properly though?

This!

I got slated lol. Seems i might of been a bit harsh with my opinion but its got to be better to wait or go out and find a proper cooling solution. I'm half expecting to later hear of someone fixing the 3rod on their xbox with some dental floss and double sided sticky tape :p

Soldato
This!

I got slated lol. Seems i might of been a bit harsh with my opinion but its got to be better to wait or go out and find a proper cooling solution. I'm half expecting to later hear of someone fixing the 3rod on their xbox with some dental floss and double sided sticky tape :p

a lot of people say toothpaste is good for heat transfer. It's not hard for someone to get the wrong end of the stick is it.
It hardly makes them ******* morons

Soldato
do they:confused: its a semi viscous liquid, of course its going to transfer heat *until* it drys up. which for toothpaste isnt long.

People would probably say nuclear waste is good too, but they wouldnt recommend that either!

Google "Toothpaste thermal paste" It's all over the place. I dont agree with it personally, but its easy to see how someone else may

Soldato
Google "Toothpaste thermal paste" It's all over the place. I dont agree with it personally, but its easy to see how someone else may

you've missed the point obviously. I didnt say it didnt work, im saying it's about as useful as a chocolate fireguard. the idea of using toothpast has been around for a decade already, its nothing new.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom