Just got dark souls

Associate
Hi all
I recently got dark souls but waited until the other day to try it.
I found however that it looked quite horrible even on full settings and i also know it has a 30fps cap but i noticed it going very jerky now and for sure sub 30fps.

Is there any easy way firstly of upping the fps with no problems(i tried radeon pro with no luck) and secondly is there maybe a mod or anything to improve the look of the game.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi all
I recently got dark souls but waited until the other day to try it.
I found however that it looked quite horrible even on full settings and i also know it has a 30fps cap but i noticed it going very jerky now and for sure sub 30fps.

Is there any easy way firstly of upping the fps with no problems(i tried radeon pro with no luck) and secondly is there maybe a mod or anything to improve the look of the game.

Thanks in advance
Play it to death you only have until 01/07/14 until MS throw their toys out of the pram @ shutdown the GFWL infrastructure forever :rolleyes:

Associate
I got a XBox wireless controller for this and it is the best thing I could recommend for such a fantastic game. Stick with it for 10-20 hours and be astounded and hooked with the depth of the game.

Oh yes Dark Souls 2 has me sold already I hope they stick close to the format of the first.

Soldato
got this :D

got the dsfix22 patch thing and put in game data folder...i think its working in game as it allowed me to change the resolution.

graphics as they are seem alright...better than ps3 sure. fps is locked to 30 though (it warns against unlocking in dsfix because it messes with game internal code and says u could get banned by GFWL by doing this?) and i tested it using keyboard controls (a ****ing nightmare lol very very twitchy). Fps also is pretty crap :( but then i am running a pretty low spec machine only a HD4850 mobility (which is technically lower than the minimum spec).

Once i can get using my ps3 controller with this and sort out the UI better and controls so is not soo sensitive hopefully it will be alright.

Soldato
I can't play at 30FPS after playing at 60. Feels so slow. If you don't mind 30 though I'd still suggest unlocking the FPS in dsfix.ini and setting the limit at 30. It seems to fix some FPS drops.

Back
Top Bottom