Just graduated.

Soldato
For reference, I graduated at the end of 2010 with a degree in Comp Science and didn't know what to do.
I did sales until I got onto a marketing scheme at a large engineering company where I progressed to Product Management.
Now I'm a Product Manager at a medium sized credit bureau.

Careers are never linear, try get on a reputable scheme even if not what you want to do forever.

Last edited:
Caporegime
That isn't really true - there are jobs in robotics... however you might have struggled to land a relevant grad job partly because you got a 2:2

Soldato
That isn't really true - there are jobs in robotics... however you might have struggled to land a relevant grad job partly because you got a 2:2

If i wanted to travel 150 miles every day then yes. And with a wife who wont move..... No jobs.

Having a 2:2 means nothing.

Soldato
Also did CS and got 2:1, although wasn't a fan of programming. I did an internship with one of the largest tech companies in the world, and that kinda secured me a job after uni - wasn't a graduate scheme though. Now i'm a systems engineer, i would say our R&D unit is probably 66% devs, and 33% engineering, so it's not all about programming.

Infact from my experience, i've noticed programmers aren't very much out of the box thinkers, the focus is purely on their own area. So engineering is still a crucial part of putting a product together.

Caporegime
If i wanted to travel 150 miles every day then yes. And with a wife who wont move..... No jobs.

Having a 2:2 means nothing.

That is rather a different matter than simply 'no jobs', not wanting to move is the issue there not lack of jobs.

Back
Top Bottom