Just ordered this woohoo

Man of Honour
Scores on the doors are 1971 single and 19464 multicore so a huge improvement and not far off bang on the money l think. That was with pbo on but not using curve optomiser control as l forgot to press apply earlier lol, but tbh lm much happier now and dont think theres much more l can do and it seems to be running correctly now which is the main thing!
There was a couple of random pc restarts earlier when just on the home screen but that seems to have stopped and everything settled down too.
Thanks again, any further thoughts or anything you think l need to to or may have missed?

I have spoken too soon :cry: I restarted the pc which wouldnt restart with different reasons each time - OS doesnt contain the right data and checksums not matching (or words to that effect). Going to speak to OC tomorrow but something isnt right and l think lm at the end of my limited abilities lol. It started in safe mode eventually and lm back on the desktop and you would never know anything was wrong.
It does seem like most times it restarts it takes a couple of attempts.....
Is the memory set to the correct speed ?

You could also download memtest and test stability.

Associate
OP
I think ill have another play tomorrow and do as you recomend. I also noticed under load it will only draw a max of 120W, under single core cinebench the temp never got above 55 and in multicore topped out at 90.
The memory is set to the correct speed in the bios and l enabled expo1 in Ryzen Master as it is in the bios, whether this is correct or not lm not sure.
The plan is to run the memtest and test stability then speak to OC and get someone to run through all the various settings...
Having said all that lm still tempted to just return it and get it sorted by OC as it should be :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
I think ill have another play tomorrow and do as you recomend. I also noticed under load it will only draw a max of 120W, under single core cinebench the temp never got above 55 and in multicore topped out at 90.
The memory is set to the correct speed in the bios and l enabled expo1 in Ryzen Master as it is in the bios, whether this is correct or not lm not sure.
The plan is to run the memtest and test stability thenshould still lol into bios ver speak to OC and get someone to run through all the various settings...
Having said all that lm still tempted to just return it and get it sorted by OC as it should be :rolleyes:
You should still look into what bios version is on your motherboard as updating can often solve issues, talk to Overclockers about this also .

It should be easy to find bios version in the bios and you could check on Asus motherboards website

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I got home a while ago and thought l would just do a normal shutdown and start out of interest, it shut down fine but on restart the fans started + leds but no lights whatsoever on the motherboard. So it seems that is the issue but glad its now and not later, its getting picked up tomorrow!

Associate
OP
An update for info, the pc went away and was returned today - mega quick turnaround. Unfortunately the cpu is sat at a base clock of 3.6 and boosting to its 'correct' base clock of 4.5...........
Apparently the ram was replaced and all was well............
I spent the last hour of the working day with a wonderful chap from OC who completely agrees that something is not right, but we ran out of time with trying different things and we will come back to it next monday when l have some spare time again.
The cpu sits at 3.6 and only go's as far as 4.5..........
Thermals are 40 odd degrees and its pulling 8w single core r23 cinebench and 44w all cores.
scores on the doors are 1600 single and 16000 multicore.......
We reverted (on the phone) to the OC bios profile a couple of times after trying different things with no joy.
Anybody any ideas!?!?!?
I do keep suggesting that when is my 7800x3d coming in the post :cry:

Associate
Sounds like it should have stayed at overclockers a bit longer testing if you still have issues. Can’t see how it’s been shipped back if it’s pulling low scores / barely any wattage on cinebench runs.

Guess it’s difficult their side too with the new platform and it’s gremlins.

Last edited:
Associate
So got the new PC and all good, noticed the cpu was sat at 4.4 the whole time. Ran cinebench and prime05 as advised by OC and still the same.....
Really dissapointed.....
When l enable core overclocking i the bios it just bluescreens.....
I think l have a bad chip but am so dissapointed because this stuff is supposed to be stress tested etc etc.....

Edited to ad that lm really annoyed that having paid 2.6k it isnt perfect...

Are you on the latest bios? XMP/EXPO enabled?

Associate
OP
Are you on the latest bios? XMP/EXPO enabled?
more of an update, no it isnt the latest bios but l am done with doing their job for them...........
Going back on monday for a refund, getting really bored really quickly and sick of problem solving over the phone.
When l get the money back Scan seems to be ok, yes this is where lm at.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sounds like it should have stayed at overclockers a bit longer testing if you still have issues. Can’t see how it’s been shipped back if it’s pulling low scores / barely any wattage on cinebench runs.

Guess it’s difficult their side too with the new platform and it’s gremlins.
I could have waited for longer if the system is right, but yes it clearly hasnt been stress tested as it should have been.
It wont even 'restart' without posting in safe mode - joke tbh

Man of Honour
I could have waited for longer if the system is right, but yes it clearly hasnt been stress tested as it should have been.
It wont even 'restart' without posting in safe mode - joke tbh
I think you've got a poor quality CPU which is not clocking as high, therw are loads of post all over the net about this.

Only way to test this is to get another cpu to confirm but you think Overclockers mite have tried this, you don't know till you ask the question.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
It seems that the biggest issue was the bios.......l was on the phone to a cracking chap on Friday for about 2 hours trying different things, l played for a few hours yesterday and went for the latest non beta bios 1413 and now the system is stable - eventually! it was a bit low on the cinebench r23 scores still and would only boost to 5.2 single core and multi core.
It seems that any time l go anywhere near Ryzen Master the whole thing falls to bits so l uninstalled it. Then went for the cpu overclock function on AMD Adrenaline, which resulted in a 0.2 cpu boost.
I did get the 0.2 boost and on single core it was boosting to 5.35, multi was just a shade under 5.2.
Having just typed all that, l was running another r23 and it has crashed :cry:
Not sure what to do now aaargh

Associate
OP
I think you've got a poor quality CPU which is not clocking as high, therw are loads of post all over the net about this.

Only way to test this is to get another cpu to confirm but you think Overclockers mite have tried this, you don't know till you ask the question.
The reality is that l am running the pc on a 4k screen so the cpu never see's anything above 20 ish %, should l expect more from it or be happy with what l have?
I wouldnt put this much time and effort into sorting a 2.6k car :cry:
Apart from the 0.2 OC which l can easily turn off, like l say the system is now very stable - starts/restarts everytime with no drama.

Man of Honour
The reality is that l am running the pc on a 4k screen so the cpu never see's anything above 20 ish %, should l expect more from it or be happy with what l have?
I wouldnt put this much time and effort into sorting a 2.6k car :cry:
Apart from the 0.2 OC which l can easily turn off, like l say the system is now very stable - starts/restarts everytime with no drama.
I think you may have to accept I can't see them swapping it and 5.2 GHz ain't bad imo.

Knew a bios update would help but definitely not the beta bios, I would be tempted to learn how to undervolt it may be more stable .

Keep testing until your happy, and have you got the memory set to correct speed.

Associate
OP
I think you may have to accept I can't see them swapping it and 5.2 GHz ain't bad imo.

Knew a bios update would help but definitely not the beta bios, I would be tempted to learn how to undervolt it may be more stable .

Keep testing until your happy, and have you got the memory set to corre
Thanks for the advice and l agree! Ive been testing since my last post and it does seem that the bios and amd adrenalin/master can conflict - l think at the moment lm just going to delete master and crack on with a stable system.
I still dont understand how OC can send out the pc like this with the cpu not doing anything like it is capable of (to start with), l can only assume their bench testing has a lot of lets say 'leeway'.
Its still on the cards that l may just return it for a refund as its at moments like this it really really erks me, l will probably get banned for saying this but l have priced up a competitors system with an i7 1300k and a 4080 for 200 less than l paid for this.
I know ddr5 and all that not matured yet......sigh and fed up :(

Edited to add, its just crashed again from sitting just on the desktop for 10 minutes with ryzen master uninstalled and no OC on adrenaline, for the 2nd time running.........
So......clear cmos and reinstall latest non beta bios......sigh

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Further update, after clearing the cmos and re setting the bios to a known good one (1413), it is still randomly crashing just sat on the desktop.
Going to call OC tomorrow, send it back for a new motherboard cpu and ram, otherwise ill just have my money back.
Opinions?

Associate
OP
Ok l need to hold my hands up now........the pc wasnt shutting down windows had changed the settings to sleep after 10 minutes and as l was just leaving it sat there thats what l did. I am officially a moron :cry: In my defense it looked exactly like a normal start when it was 'turned' on again.
Whatsmore, it is now 100% stable and when l was watching a 4k youtube vid it was boosting to 5.36 - for whatever reason it just doesnt boost when running cinebench r23!?
Also in hindsight l may have got a little paranoid.....:cry:
Im sure you will all be pleased to hear lve turned my attention to the graphics card :rolleyes::cry: not that l think there is anything wrong with it, it runs dcs beautifully on my 4k tv (60hz) and also with the meta quest 2 headset it is stunning!
I did run furmark and the score seemed very low, 3700 but l am now downloading 3d mark.
When running furmark it said that amd crossfire was enabled - will this slow things down?
For the record l am going nowhere near amd adrenalin or ryzen master haha
Thank you all for the advice!!!!!!! It is much appreciated.

Man of Honour
Ok l need to hold my hands up now........the pc wasnt shutting down windows had changed the settings to sleep after 10 minutes and as l was just leaving it sat there thats what l did. I am officially a moron :cry: In my defense it looked exactly like a normal start when it was 'turned' on again.
Whatsmore, it is now 100% stable and when l was watching a 4k youtube vid it was boosting to 5.36 - for whatever reason it just doesnt boost when running cinebench r23!?
Also in hindsight l may have got a little paranoid.....:cry:
Im sure you will all be pleased to hear lve turned my attention to the graphics card :rolleyes::cry: not that l think there is anything wrong with it, it runs dcs beautifully on my 4k tv (60hz) and also with the meta quest 2 headset it is stunning!
I did run furmark and the score seemed very low, 3700 but l am now downloading 3d mark.
When running furmark it said that amd crossfire was enabled - will this slow things down?
For the record l am going nowhere near amd adrenalin or ryzen master haha
Thank you all for the advice!!!!!!! It is much appreciated.
Don't think the motherboard supports xfire so wouldn't worry about that just make sure you check in the bios the pcie slot is running at pcie4 or pcie5 so your GPU is running full speed.

You have a right to be paranoid with the problems you had but I did laugh about the pc going into sleep mode. ( Please forgive me ) ;)

When you get a chance post a pic of the infamous pc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom