Just picked up the new Asus 27 IPS Monitor

Associate
I can't help feel a lot of fuss is now made about monitors with PWM even though most people would never ever see any negative affects of its use. It's been used for many many years. Had prad.de and TFTcentral not published articles about it as a technology would anyone even know it was being used? Did people worry about it before? Did people completely write off monitors they'd never used or tried simply because it had PWM backlight dimming? I don't think so...

People would just forget about whether it was being used or not. Sure, a few people may experience issues where it was used but I bet there's far more people worried about it now than there probably should be

I'm tending to agree with this. It was something that worried me (I remember being very sensitive to the difference between 60Hz and 75Hz refresh rates on CRTs and wondered whether the same would apply to PWM) but I don't notice it at all with the brightness set to 27. Obviously everybody's eyes are different but once I got the monitor and tried it out, I've found it's a complete non-issue.

Associate
Has anybody had any trouble with the display port on their pb278?
I just got mine from ocuk with a msi7970 but cannot get 1440p/or any resolution from the display port.
I am using a mini dp to dp adapter from the 7970 and then a dp cable to the monitor.I can get 1080p over dvi but the card does not do dual dvi.

Associate
Has anybody had any trouble with the display port on their pb278?
I just got mine from ocuk with a msi7970 but cannot get 1440p/or any resolution from the display port.
I am using a mini dp to dp adapter from the 7970 and then a dp cable to the monitor.I can get 1080p over dvi but the card does not do dual dvi.

I have the same display/card combo and it's working fine through DP. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom