Kawasaki ER-6f @ £3500

Associate
Hey peeps :)

I was talking to a Kawasaki dealership yesterday about purchasing one of their remaining ER-6f's. They only have the non-ABS bikes in stock now, and taking into account my CBF125 as part-ex, they were willing to let me have an ER-6f for £3500.

This is the non-ABS version. I would ideally have liked the ABS, but for this price I'm not sure what to do...

I'm looking for recommendations. Do you think I should snap up the offer? Or hold out until next year and get the ABS version at a slightly higher price?

Cheers :rolleyes:

Soldato
i say go for it mate, a lot of people still dont know how to use ABS for it to work. :D The only problem i can for see is if some pulls out/walks in front of you in which case ABS might help but there is not sure thing :)

Soldato
I haven't as yet no. I'm told the ER-6f is a nice gentle transition, but obviously I wouldn't really know from my own experience yet.

I'm thinking if I do go ahead with the purchase I'll take a lesson on a bigger bike before I take her out.

Thought so if you had you would be buying that bike already :p
I say for that price go for it mate, you will learn a lot from it then if you still want abs you can get something luxury with abs in a few years :p

Associate
£3,500 plus your CBF sounds like a lot for a soul-less, boring, commuter-mobile :p

Wouldn't worry about the ABS though if you do want the ER6, it's just something else to go wrong

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah, I guess that was a tad harsh. It is an entry level bike with entry level bits on it to suit, though. For a bit more a Street Triple (for example) is just so much more bike.

I also can't stress enough to you MADMAN - get down to the NEC bike show (it's on as of today for two weeks and your location is listed as Midlands so can't be too far from Brum...), spend a day looking at and sitting on all the bikes. You might even come away with some radically different ideas! £15 well spent! http://www.motorcycleshow.co.uk/

edit: and never, ever, ever, ever buy a bike without riding it (or one) first!!!!! :eek:

Soldato
Its a Kwak so it has plenty of soul, especially in green ;) I had a Versys, which is pretty much the same bike, and once fitted with a nice twin Ixil exhaust it was an awesome bike, with plenty of power where you need it.

Street Tripple is nice but I'd be very wary of buying another Triumph after the last one I had.

Back
Top Bottom