Kawasaki ER-6f @ £3500

Soldato
Youl probably end up doing your DAS before the two years are up, specially once your used to the restricted bigger bike. Once youve ridden unrestricted you cant go back!

I dont know anyone thats done that - would be a lot of money to spend! Most people either just stick within the restriction for a couple of years or their restrictors accidently fall out ;)

Soldato
Depends how its restricted, most modern stuff is done via the ecu so overall performance drop.
My brothers 08 ER6-F had a throttle stop, so basically just as the rev range gets fun it stopped you :)
My SV was carb restricted, and to be honest even unrestricted I did not notice a difference in 0-60 times but certainly 80-100 slowed right down on the SV which tbh is fair as you dont need more than 100 when getting used to a bike :p

Associate
Compared to a Speed Four or my Current Speed Triple the ER-6 is horridly boring.
Like I said, brilliant commuter but the engine is just so dull.
Its as if its too smooth, bang open the throttle and the bike doesnt explode in a sensation of acceleration it just, get you there in its own merry time (which isnt slowly).

Hard to describe but for me it just lacked any kind of character.

Your just not trying hard enough! :D

Trust me, coming from a 125 the ER6f is going to feel like a blooming rocket ship!

Associate
Depends how its restricted, most modern stuff is done via the ecu so overall performance drop.

Not sure if it's directly comparable, but my bandit 650 took roughly 7 seconds to 60 and the front would not lift up at all, and the SV 650 would take a little longer to 60 but you could get mini power wheelies with it. Both were ECU restricted, not sure what the de-restricted times would be.

Oh, and they both topped out at about 100, and above 80 there was hardly any pull.

Soldato
Yea sounds about right, I found the 0-60 on the carb SV was still pretty good under 5 seconds I would say, was definatelly quicker too 60 than my friend who had the FI SV, but his would do 110 restricted mine would do just over 100.

Associate
OP
Your just not trying hard enough! :D

Trust me, coming from a 125 the ER6f is going to feel like a blooming rocket ship!

True that!
Huge difference coming from a 125 to this :)

I think it's restricted via a throttle stop.

I took her out on the A38 earlier and had no problems hitting 90.

Plenty fast enough for me at the moment, as a new rider :)

Associate
My ZXR400 is carb restricted, gets to about 85 before its topped out, but im a large 6ft2 fella so i guess im slowing it down some.

I dont like the feel of the bike restricted, it doesnt feel as nice to ride. Cant wait to get them out

Associate
I was out on my 750 Yesterday. its amazing having the thought in the back of your mind that its just passed its MOT makes you think oh its safe to go fast LOL.

Which reminds me, must finish fitting that new chain and sprockets today and sort out an MOT for my ZXR750. Cheers! :)

Madman, if there's one piece of advice I can give you to enjoy your bike the most it's to never stop thinking about your riding. The next 2 years are going to teach you more than you ever learnt on a 125 and set you up for the rest of your life on 2 wheels.

Each time you make a small mistake think about what you did to make it happen, how you could change that and then practise those techniques next time you go riding. You'l end up enjoying your bike more, riding safer and quicker. It can be anything from getting on the brakes and throttle smoothly to practicing clutchless gearchanges. Everything that imrpoves your control of the bike is to be cherished.

Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom