Kawasaki H2/MVF4RR/RSV4RF or Panigale S?

Soldato
These bikes are on my shortlist. I have owned an Aprilia Mille for 14 years and love it to bits, it still puts a smile on my face when I ride it and to be honest it still can hold its own against the current crop of superbikes. And that noise......!!!! :D

So its time to spend some hard earned readies and I'm looking at the above bikes. The only one I've had a test ride on was the RSV4 and although I loved the engine and handling it just didn't feel right, it's tiny in a physical sense. I'm 6'0 tall and weigh 82kg and it felt like a little 125 underneath me. :(

The Panigale, I love the look of it. The MV looks awesome but I'm reluctant to move away from amy beloved V-Twin's. The Kwack H2 is a total curveball but watching some YouTube vids on it I can appreciate its looks and the absolute hoot it must be to ride.

Thoughts?

Soldato
Pani V4 is fast, has great electrics and handles amazingly but i'd definitely test ride one first, felt much like the RSV4 RF although not quite as small, if you're a bigger lad it could be hard work.

It isn't comfy, still gets very hot, it's expensive, but it's an amazing bike for sure, far more track focused, i didn't think it was the game changer like a few reviewers have said (launch fever and all that) but it's definitely a massive step for Ducati and really works well.

Man of Honour
Pani V4 is fast, has great electrics and handles amazingly but i'd definitely test ride one first, felt much like the RSV4 RF although not quite as small, if you're a bigger lad it could be hard work.

It isn't comfy, still gets very hot, it's expensive, but it's an amazing bike for sure, far more track focused, i didn't think it was the game changer like a few reviewers have said (launch fever and all that) but it's definitely a massive step for Ducati and really works well.

How did you get a go on the Panigale V4!?

Soldato
Have Ducati made up their mind whether it is 210 or 214 bhp yet? There seems to be quite a bit of conflicting info, with speculation that the higher number was 'invented' to counter the rumours coming from Aprilia and BMW :)

Soldato
Have Ducati made up their mind whether it is 210 or 214 bhp yet? There seems to be quite a bit of conflicting info, with speculation that the higher number was 'invented' to counter the rumours coming from Aprilia and BMW :)
It's definitely got big power, but I think it's just a case of Ducati quoting at the crank numbers rather than genuine @whp.
Moto Rapido ran one that came out at 202 at the wheel but of course, they run the team so aren't going to show anything different.
In truth, it felt as fast as my R1, which is still crazy for a stock bike.
I'd imagine that realistically it's around 190-195 stock but over 200 with the Akra system and mapped to suit.
Would make sense then and fits in with the 225 that Ducati quote at the bhp (again which will be at the crank in my book).

Man of Honour
It should be quite a bit faster than your R1, but maybe on the road that isn't noticeable.

I'm well jealous that you've ridden one though!

Soldato
It should be quite a bit faster than your R1, but maybe on the road that isn't noticeable.

I'm well jealous that you've ridden one though!

Not really bud, my R1 isn't stock at all, weighs the same as the V4, is making around 186-195 depending who's dyno it's on.

Felt much the same in out right power, coming out of a corner the V4 felt a little stronger probably more down to the crazy good electronics on it, you truly can just give it a hand full after a apex and it takes off.
I'd imagine on track it would gap the R1 a bit, will soon find out, have a friend coming to Cartagena in May that's awaiting delivery of his.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom