Kenshi - Free roaming RPG

Associate
You can also speak to mercs in town and hire them for 2k per day to protect while you get your walls etc up. (make sure outpost has been started or you will hire them as body guards rather than to protect your settlement)

Yeah I hired 2 groups at one point, they squashed the usual hungry bandits that come pestering you. They didn't fair well against a group of ninjas that came knocking though!

Permabanned
My Robot army is up to 6 now all with different weapon types and we have waged a war on the holy lands! time to wipe them off the map

You must be well into the game as I've stolen loads of robot stuff but not even close to be being able to create them. I have legs/arms, guessing you have to assemble the head and torso with the other robot parts I have.

Associate
You must be well into the game as I've stolen loads of robot stuff but not even close to be being able to create them. I have legs/arms, guessing you have to assemble the head and torso with the other robot parts I have.

Robots/skeletons are a race so you can recruit them, but there arent many of them left and even less that you can recruit. the legs and arms are basically replacements that you can put on your characters robots or any other race if they lose a limb!

Soldato
I haven't used it but there's a mod that lets you add 'Adventurers Guild' that you can approach and request new recruits from. It lets you pick race and in few days they'll come to your base with them. There's a fee for their services plus the usual 6k (I think) fee per recruit.

Associate
I haven't used it but there's a mod that lets you add 'Adventurers Guild' that you can approach and request new recruits from. It lets you pick race and in few days they'll come to your base with them. There's a fee for their services plus the usual 6k (I think) fee per recruit.

Sadly you have to have a base for this to work, which i dont have as i just roam about!

Permabanned
I'd like to start a colony but I'm not quite seeing the point just yet. I mount an expedition, come back days later with backpacks full of loot, rinse and repeat. I accidently stole something in my own hub and wound up killing everyone, so can I not just take over the hub now?

Robots/skeletons are a race so you can recruit them, but there arent many of them left and even less that you can recruit. the legs and arms are basically replacements that you can put on your characters robots or any other race if they lose a limb!

So you can't build them outright? What's the purpose of all the robotic ancilleries then?

And I tried to give my limbless guy a new robot leg but I couldn't put it in the limb box, so I sent him crawling into the wilderness to perish.

Associate
So you can't build them outright? What's the purpose of all the robotic ancilleries then?

And I tried to give my limbless guy a new robot leg but I couldn't put it in the limb box, so I sent him crawling into the wilderness to perish.

when someone loses an arm or a leg you should be able to click on the limb button and then put in a corresponding robot part but it has to match right leg left leg etc.

Associate
What do you guys do in the first few hours of a new game? What do you try and achieve to set yourself up?

Best thing ive found so far is to head down to squin and hire some helpers and then mine copper and iron. This will increase you strength and other movement abilities and also get you some money. when you get enough hire another 2 or 3 people and continue doing this for a little bit (also look at buying some bags) once you have enough by a place in town and start making your home. and then build from here!

Soldato
What do you guys do in the first few hours of a new game? What do you try and achieve to set yourself up?

Easiest/safest start is probably what @mohawk described above and is the one I've done but it's a bit boring, copper sells for more so don't waste too much time mining iron until you need it for production.
A more interesting one that's still fairly easy and safe is to find a caravan and follow them around. This will let you scavenge any gear from fights they get into, explore the map, raise your athletics, strength and if you buy a few med kits you can work on your medic skill by healing the caravan guards. You'll have an option to join in fights or run away if they run into a strong group. :)

Caporegime
squin copper nodes right outside.

Love how random this game is.

bandits attack my outpost, choose to fight them and they end up fighting a heard of goats lol...
Shrek come yet again and end up fighting a bunch of slavers and some mercenaries I hired.
then come some nomads selling beasts who end up fighting the shrek guys too.

Huge war going on for ages :D

shrek still don't leave though because everyone is keeping them here fighting :mad:

Let me build up my base dammit!

Last edited:
Soldato
They're not getting in muhahaha! These are only easy mobs but these guys and another 3 opposite are working wonders and keeping much harder/gang mobs out too. Can leave the base and go play now knowing my workers and trainees are safe.

Y1Nkyax.jpg

Soldato
I hate to say it, but I'm getting bored of the game now.
I have a big 30 citizen outpost which is fully self sufficient. It pumps out masterwork armours and top quality weapons, hundreds of storage units full to the brim of everything.
My squad of 6 skeletons have stats in the 80s, they took out cat Lon easy enough, and they just go around wiping out cities.
What else can I do.

Soldato
OP
Just joined Shinobi Thieves at the Hub for 10k - mainly so I can use their sleeping/training facilities.

Think i'm going to base myself down in Squin as there are more shops. Buy a decent size building and just concentrate on mining + research with the eventual plan of moving away and starting a little base somewhere.

Permabanned
I hate to say it, but I'm getting bored of the game now.
I have a big 30 citizen outpost which is fully self sufficient. It pumps out masterwork armours and top quality weapons, hundreds of storage units full to the brim of everything.
My squad of 6 skeletons have stats in the 80s, they took out cat Lon easy enough, and they just go around wiping out cities.
What else can I do.

I checked the website because of this and appararently 'armies' are supposed to come after you if your renowed is high enough. Guess not?

Back
Top Bottom